black-byte wrote:And can a few words about geoPVR, than it will be radically different from PVR?
Will there be support for Russian (unicode) characters?
GeoPVR is designed especially for my needs. It is intended to be started automatically but I think you can run it from ContentLibrary as well. Today's differences between (older version of) PVR and geoPVR are:
- added destination drive checking before recording
- SOURCE key switches to HDMI1 (next press --> standard function)
- FAV.CH key calls APECT RATIO function (STOP, FAV.CH --> fav.channels)
- EPG data in recording filename (system time if no EPG data)
- different recording file name pattern
- no schedule for recordings (I think it is not much usuable)
- better protection for recording file names (stronger limits)
- mdb file deleting at stop
- alternative directory (press REC button twice)
- protection for some actions during recording (displays warnings)
- disabled or removed debugging code
- source code optimization, renaming of functions/variables/definitions
- graphical OSD symbols [NEW!]
- record function locking by 5xSTOP keypress [NEW!]
I am going to add configuration file to allow disabling of unwanted functions. Then I will release it here.
I can add support for Russian unicode letters, but I have to know how to convert them. I know Russian alphabet but don't know what latin letters should be replaced with. I suppose, there is a kind of standard for this? If you want, please explain this to me (using private message or here or pointing to external URL). Even better, please provide Russian UNICODE-to-ASCII table then I can make changes more quickly.
arris69 wrote:i made a quick research in my old sources and saw for some reason i used IMG_Load() and not SDL_LoadBMP(
I will try to use IMG_Load() then. Thanks. This is my second application using SDL (the first was hello-word app) so I am at the very early stage of learning SDL.