LE B750 - Windows 7 - Extension Pack - Can't make it work

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mpiktor

LE B750 - Windows 7 - Extension Pack - Can't make it work

Post by mpiktor »

I discovered Samygo after having upgraded my LE40B750U1WXXU to the after feb-10 Samsung Firmware and was using Samsung PC share for movies. With the FFB software I restored the firmware back to the T-CHL7DEUC / 2005.0 . I tested some Samygo apps (mousekeyboard + webbrowser) that worked and tried the Samygo extension Pack and here is the problem.

The setup of my network is Windows 7 machine - Router D-Link - Samgsung TV, all connected via LAN (I am using Powerlink connection /WI FI occasionally with an additional laptop). McAfee Security Software with its firewall is active
I loaded the SamyGO-All-Extensions-v0.03.6-r16-for-T-CHU7DEUC-20120208115804 on my USB and activated it via usual content. When running the Samygo Pack it just blacksout for a splitsecond, than a message pops up (SamyGO Virt.USB installed).

When I select the Samygo Vrit.USB and try to click on movies it simply displays this message (in italian): no movie in the device select other category. However even if I try music or images it still doesn't work. Maybe the problem is in the firewall of McAfee or in the Sahred network/homegroup settings but to me it seems these are fine (is there a way to verify this directly?).

Any clue on how make it work?

PS I have no Passwords for network sharing (only Windows password when turning PC on)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: LE B750 - Windows 7 - Extension Pack - Can't make it wor

Post by juusso »

Set your win7 to simple network sharing.
This info may be helpfull for you
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/SamyGO ... r_Windows7
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mpiktor

Post by mpiktor »

Thanks for your answer. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already had followed the setup given in the German Screenshots and to me it seems I followed the exact steps but I'll try again. I also went into the McAfee settings to see if the TV was visible.

Edit: I went again through the whole setup process (Windows 7 file sharing). and it still doesn't work. The Samygo apps I tested work (Browser+Keboard&Mouse, DTS). When I try to select movies on the virt.usb I just see the 482 KB free. The error seems similar to when trying to use DLNA without activating Samsung PC share mngr.

WOuldn't know what to do: any suggestions on what to test or check?
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

When you press the remote red button, what sources are listed? Sounds like you are on internal memory.

Return to “[B] Support”