Sound problem with HDMI connection

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

fmusrsmg

Sound problem with HDMI connection

Post by fmusrsmg »

Hi,

This is my problem...

I have one STB from my TV provider connected to my Samsung LE40B651T3WXXC by one HDMI cable and when I change to any tv channel I hear a small but irritable noise. The same happens with other function like rewind or forward. The firmware in the TV is T-CHL7DEUC-3001.1
I also have one PlayStation 3 connected by HDMI and I think there is no problem with the sound.

What i've done...

I tried with different HDMI cables and with the others HDMI ports on the TV.
Complain to TV provider and he changed the STB to different brand but the problem still the same. They said the problem is from TV.

I did the procedure to activate alternative firmware from content library manager (fully automated way) because I think the last time I updated the firmare was when the TV provider changed the STB.

I connected a RCA sound cable from the STB to my stereo system and no problem when I change the channel

Finally I had a chance to try with one Samsung LE19B450 and the sounds was also OK.

What can I still do...

Can I try or do something else or my TV has really a hardware problem with the HDMI ports? Could be a firmware problem in the TV or the software in the STB?

Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[B] Support”