Help to downgrade B550

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Help to downgrade B550

Post by juusso »

Yes, connection parameters or smth like this are wrong. Check putty settings like translation (utf-8), locale (en) and so on. I don`t know, try another terminal app, another PC with com port or another rs232 to usb cable. Also check your wiring once again.

Update: i checked your posts and figured out you`re using some branded cable, not selfmade . I think you should open rs232 male connector and check if wires are connected directly to pins. I guess here can be not necessary for samsung circuits which makes troubles for you. We all are using self made cables, where rx,tx and GND are connected dirrectly, w/o any other components right to pc`s rs232 port.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ZeroZorro

Post by ZeroZorro »

Okay, i will open the RS232, look at the wires and maybe (if needed) take some pics. I'm glad i can still follow you ;-)
ZeroZorro

Post by ZeroZorro »

Because i'm busy with my work i did not have the time to try and build my own cable.
I hope i can do ot this or next week and of course i will report back in this thread!

Thanks again...
gzhytar

Post by gzhytar »

Guys, I saw the same problem when first plugged Exlink into wrong output on a TV. I know it sounds too easy, but ensure that you plug it correctly :)
ZeroZorro

Post by ZeroZorro »

gzhytar wrote:Guys, I saw the same problem when first plugged Exlink into wrong output on a TV. I know it sounds too easy, but ensure that you plug it correctly :)
Again...i don't have enough time, but i will try again and make sure i plug in correctly.
If not working i'll build a new Cable myself ;-)

I'll be back with the outcome of that!

Return to “[B] Support”