[SOLVED] LE46B750 Brick?

Here for general support for B series TVs, request and problem solve area.

AtSchU

[SOLVED] LE46B750 Brick?

Post by AtSchU »

Hello guys,
after a couple of days reading the forum and the WIKIes I tried to enable DTS support via DCA module extension on my LE46B750. It?s a CI+ TV. Well looks like I bricked my TV :o(
What I did:
I followed the tutorial on viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4919
1. I checked my Firmware via service menu. It was T-CHLCIPDEUC 2008.2
2. I changed settings in the Service menu like I was told to by the guide ( Wilelink Write to ON // Watchdog to OFF and rs232-jack to DEBUG)
3. Followed the guide till end. Nothing went wrong. TV rebooted.
4. Then I copied the DCA module to TV memory and tried to start it. It didn?t work. Error message said: NOT AVAILABLE.
5. I checked Firmware again the Service Menu and it said T-CHLCIPDEUC 2006. Apparently downgrade worked. Tried again same issue. NOT AVAILABLE.
6. I read somewhere on the Forums that I have to remove the SamygoHorse_fake app from TV memory and run the FFB CI+ again to make it work. (Can?t remember the post where I read it.) So I removed it. Before I could run the FFB again my TV suddenly turns off.
This happens now all the time when I restart the TV. After about 40 sec the TV turns off regardless of what I?m doing. I was able to start the ?ActivateAltFirmware? option over the
Content Library Manager/My Contents/Children.
But it didn?t help. I can?t update or make any changes that would last longer the 40 seconds.
I even tried a Factory Reset in the Service Menu but it didn?t help either. The TV still turns off.
I did another stupid thing in accidently deleting the FFB-Logs from the stick. Looks like I?ve overwritten them with the DCA module folder.

Would be glad if someone has any suggestions how to fix that.
Last edited by AtSchU on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: LE46B750 Brick?

Post by juusso »

Pech gehabt :(
You shouldn`t remove SamyGO horse in any case! Here was telnet enabler in such isue like yours and we could use it to repair your TV. Now i don` t know... Can you copy telnet enabler to TV in that piece of time you have? Or maybe you didn`t remove it and you can run telnet enabler?

Do you have Exlink cable? It could help to understand the issue. If you did factory reset from service menu, then i guess watchdog is now set back to on and rs232 is not debug. You should change these parameters.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
AtSchU

Post by AtSchU »

Oh Boy...
to be honest I tried this about 2 years and as I noticed there is support for CI+ devices yet I stopped trying.
Hopefully there is something left from past attempts.
Well my Library looks like this.
There is still a Trojan Horse Icon but I can't run it. Error Message says Not Available.
If I try to run Telnet Enabler the TV blinks (turns dark, then after a few seconds the pictures comes back)

I re-enable Watchdog to OFF and rs232 settings to debug after Factory Reset.

I don't have a Exlink cable but will solder one tomorrow. hopefully =)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

well, lucky you have telnet enabler. It is ok that nothing happen when you start it. It is normal. but after that moment you can connect to tv trough telnet 23 port using putty or any other terminal app. Bad is that for this you have not much time to enter commands, so you must be quick and patient because to get TV repaired you will need to repeat same procedure again and again until we get wanted result.

Prepare empty fat32 formatted usb and attach it to tv. Setup your TV`s network settings manually, remember it`s IP.

1. as quick as possible enter to content library and start telnet enabler.
2. on pc you should have putty active already and after tv screen blinks, you have time for repair procedure: connect to tv trough telnet and enter required commands. Check wiki article to get imagination what i`m talking about.
don't enter any commands yet... How many seconds do you have until tv goes to reboot from the moment you get this window?

Exlink cable is still required, but not critical if you don't have it.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

AtSchU

Post by AtSchU »

Hello juuso,
have to ask some dump question yet sorry for that.
1'st does putty run on an an 64 Bit OS? I'm using Win 7
If not I could access a Notebook with XP on it but that thing is pretty slow.
2'nd I would like to use this for an exlink cable http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem
Have to buy some soft solder first but the cable should do it right?

I've configured the TV's IP address manually to:
IP: 192.168.1.111 TV's Network test is fine. Have access to my Network and Internet.

After starting Telnet Enabler I've got about 11 to 13 seconds (depending how fast I am reaching there) till TV shuts down.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

putty is ok for any windows pc :-)
If you use Tx, Rx and GND of this cable, all should work, just connect rx, tx and gnd to 3.5 stereo jack as shown on B series wiki..., but we could do something without it.

Connect trough putty and give me output of these commands (copy-paste to telnet window)

Code: Select all

mount | grep "usb"

cat /mtd_rwarea/Version*

ls -1 /mtd_rwarea/PartitionSwitch*

Select all - copy (ctrl+c) code above and paste it to terminal by clicking right mouse button.

AtSchU

Post by AtSchU »

Ok got putty and configured it and started telnet
After I get the cmd window I entered "root" and got the window you mentioned before.
Now I have about 2-4 seconds left till TV shuts down
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you be quick, 4 secs is enough. But i guess you can prolong this time being prepared - connect usb to TV, copy to buffer code you have to paste to terminal, open putty window, input proper IP and just then start TV, start telnet enabler. Then you have just press Open button in putty and by doing this you will save some extra seconds... So, i`m waiting for output to code

mount | grep "usb"

cat /mtd_rwarea/Version*

ls -1 /mtd_rwarea/PartitionSwitch*

edit: i found nice tool to automatize putty, so if you get trouble, we could use it. Just tested on mine TV, does the job well.

AtSchU

Post by AtSchU »

Sorry it took so long my wife it driving me nuts with lunch...
Tried several time getting the log files you requested but my USB Drive is empty.

putty window looks like this.

Oh I think I misunderstood you. Thought you need some log files like those when you use the FFB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AtSchU on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

okey, next:

bml.dump /dev/bml0/18 /dtv/usb/sda1/bml_18.dmp

bml.dump /dev/bml0/19 /dtv/usb/sda1/bml_19.dmp

bml.dump /dev/bml0/20 /dtv/usb/sda1/bml_20.dmp

possible, here is no enough time for all three commands, so you can do one by one at one TV start. After all you will find dump files on usb, please zip it and attach here for inspection.

Return to “[B] Support”