To enable FTP you will have to have Root.
- The directory is /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/
- normal installed Apps belongs to "normal"
- user installed Apps (Developer) belongs to "user"
- Simply copy the app-folder (developed or an app from the Internet -> not from official Store) into the "user" folder
- Restart TV and it will show up in the Smart Hub.
What you could do?
- Back-Up Applications, which aren't in the Store anymore, to provide the App through the internet
- Modify/Patch most Applications (90% of the apps are Simple Web-Applications -> HTML, CSS, JS)
- Tizen OS TVs are still capable of running legacy Applications, but the directory is different. I don't know where it belongs yet, because i had not the time for it. The idea is the same.
PS: if someone still has the Youtube Application, it would be nice to share.
Otherwise Tizen specific apps can't be installed by simply copying a folder, they're a bit more "spread" and it's necessary to use a built-in command to install them (or Tizen IDE if no root). Remains not that complicated though.
To be considered: The Deployment had changed and got harder after newer Firmware Updates. Maybe It was working in the beginning only and now it doesnt. I dont know the status now, as the app is down for quite a while now. But that would mean it could technically (still) work. But i assume no one cares anyway