Network file sharing (samba) enable on E version

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

DraCzech

Network file sharing (samba) enable on E version

Post by DraCzech »

Hi All,

Last two days I have been reading this forum back and forth but I did not really find an straight forward answer for my problem:

I just bought UE40ES5500 tv, upgraded firmware on first start. Now As I have some issues/limitations with AllShare and DLNA software for Win7 (serviio), I would LOVE to play network files in just the same way as from my USB HDD. My USB HDD is actually the only way to play files from HDD that works perfect for me, without any problems so far.

I am now also considering buying NAS (Dlink DNS-320), which supports DLNA, but as I have read could have problems with streaming HD (.mkv) etc., I also expect some other issues/limitations just as with AllShare and Serviio. This is also why I would just love to let the NAS give the files to the TV "as they are" and let the TV play them itself (just like from USB).

I have seen some attempts here with some virtual USB share, but none for E serie. I have tried to patch the firmware to enable samba etc. to test further but without any success, exits with error. I do not know if this is even possible yet. Can anyone help me with this or just tell me if this is even possible yet?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

David.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Network file sharing (samba) enable on E version

Post by juusso »

Yes, this is possible. E series has been rooted already. When we finish all tests, patched firmware will be available. When? I don`t know. Just follow news on this forum, facebook...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
DraCzech

Post by DraCzech »

Ok, thanks for your answer, nice to hear :) I have found somewhere a file called SamyGO-All-Extensions-E-Series.zip, I was wondering what that is for, can I do something with this already? If so, how, is there some knd of manual? haven found any..
hondavtec
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by hondavtec »

Any news?
... would be nice to hear wether we get a special christmas gift this year :-)
UE22H5670
UE40ES6710
PS51E8090
Synology DS1511+
DVBLink
jahro

Post by jahro »

juuso wrote:Yes, this is possible. E series has been rooted already. When we finish all tests, patched firmware will be available. When? I don`t know. Just follow news on this forum, facebook...
Hi,
Is it possible just to publish draft list\table of supported ES models?
I consider buying a new UE32ES model but I'd really like to have one where I could mount my NAS as virtual USB.

Many thanks
texas72

Post by texas72 »

HI
my tv ue32es6100 does not work viewing folders from this nas dns 325, we look forward to good news in the coming weeks. Any news?

Many thanks
fratzicu

Post by fratzicu »

Hi,

I also have a Sasung TV 22ES5410 and I'm looking forward to be able to browse samba shares.
DraCzech

Post by DraCzech »

yeees, I can not wait to get it working, so anoying to copy 10gb films on the usb disk everytime to watch them..

texas72: Are you satisfied with this NAS? I am still considering buying it, but first I want to get samba working, otherwise it has no sense.. the price of this NAS is nice, though it has some nice features which can be handy (the torrent idea is very nice, just let the film download over night without my pc being on..)
shantzu

Post by shantzu »

Why aren't you guys just installing a DLNA server on the machine you want to share your files from?
Device: UE40ES5500WXXH
Firmware: T-MST10PDEUC-1012.1
texas72

Post by texas72 »

DraCzech wrote:yeees, I can not wait to get it working, so anoying to copy 10gb films on the usb disk everytime to watch them..

texas72: Are you satisfied with this NAS? I am still considering buying it, but first I want to get samba working, otherwise it has no sense.. the price of this NAS is nice, though it has some nice features which can be handy (the torrent idea is very nice, just let the film download over night without my pc being on..)
We are very happy, the only thing is the non-functioning of the media sharing DLNA server with tv UE32ES6100.

Return to “[E] General”