NAS and UE55ES6100

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

avion

Re: NAS and UE55ES6100

Post by avion »

Is it neccessary to be logged in with samsung account into Smart Hub?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

No. Use develop account.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
avion

Post by avion »

Hello,
I repeated steps with other USB stick, and I sucesfully installed Sammygo. I am able to connect to TV via FTP.
I am confused, because I have to leave USB in TV. If I remove USB from TV and do restart I am not able to connect to FTP anymore...I have to reinstall it. Is that normal? It is not problem..I can leave USB in it.
What are next steps. If I understand correct I have to confire SMB share (IP os SAMBA/NAS server).
Do I have to install something else. I tried to install Sammy widgets from my computer. I pointed TV to my computer/server. It started installing widgets pack, but it finish unsucesfully.... Maybe I have wrong pack.
What do I have to do next to configure SMB/NAS access?
avion

Post by avion »

I would be really gratefull if someone can help me. I have sucesfull isntalled SammyGo. For Samba client...do I need to install something else (widget) or do I just have to configure samba parameteres through ftp?
Thank you for your help in advance.
Regards
avion

Post by avion »

Hello...
I managed to get some steps closer. I configured 04_04_samba.init.
Now I am able to see my smb share under source. When I try to open it...I get first level directory...but when I click on it...I get empty folder. But I know that folder is not empty, because from computer I can access files. What can be wrong. It is obvious that somehow TV connected to NAS/SAMBA, because it gets first directory.
Any help would be more than appriciated.
Thank you in advance!
avion

Post by avion »

I also check something else...as I've searched on this forum, i tried this command:
insmod /mtd_rwcommon/cifs.ko
I get this error: invalid module format.
What does that mean?
avion

Post by avion »

After hours and hours of looking for a solution on forum, zoelechat helped me. We found out, that I have some exotc kernel.
He helped me and wrote specific cifs.ko for me. Now I have working samba client. And I am more than happy.
Thank you zoelechat. You're the man!
If someone else is facing similira problems, you can help with cifs.ko that helped me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

To be more precise, the man has vermagic=0063 which is unknown to SamyGO-E.

Code: Select all

"X10P 0070" KERNEL MODULE VERSION : "0063.0715, DTV, X10P, release, DEU_BRANCH"
It seems (old trick) hex-edited 0062 modules are suitable (at least cifs.ko :) )
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Nice :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
avion

Post by avion »

I am using combination of tv and my NAS very good, but there is one thing that is not good...my samba server, which is basically Android PC is not working well with large file (more than 10GB). That is why, I installed today new Samba Server (Samba 2.0), which is capable of working with large files.
But what do I have to do know, that TV will recognize new Samba server which is on new IP address. I am not able to find a way how to change IP address of server. Where is that setting?

Return to “[E] General”