ES8000 + SEK-2000 EVO KIT & PVR

General Forum for talking area for E series TVs.

Highlander

ES8000 + SEK-2000 EVO KIT & PVR

Post by Highlander »

Just hooked up my Evo Kit tonight, and I can confirm for any interested owners, that if you enabled PVR, through the service menu, that the Evo Kit keeps those settings. You also do not loose any recorded content.

Frank
bryantjopplin

Re: RE: ES8000 + SEK-2000 EVO KIT & PVR

Post by bryantjopplin »

Highlander wrote:Just hooked up my Evo Kit tonight, and I can confirm for any interested owners, that if you enabled PVR, through the service menu, that the Evo Kit keeps those settings. You also do not loose any recorded content.

Frank
I have the same TV and want to upgrade to the new evo kit. Do you know is the pvr function is only for over air TV and not HDMI?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: RE: ES8000 + SEK-2000 EVO KIT & PVR

Post by sectroyer »

bryantjopplin wrote:
Highlander wrote:Just hooked up my Evo Kit tonight, and I can confirm for any interested owners, that if you enabled PVR, through the service menu, that the Evo Kit keeps those settings. You also do not loose any recorded content.

Frank
I have the same TV and want to upgrade to the new evo kit. Do you know is the pvr function is only for over air TV and not HDMI?
Yes :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Highlander

Re: ES8000 + SEK-2000 EVO KIT & PVR

Post by Highlander »

OTA, or direct coax cable. If you are using a cable box connected by HDMI, it should already have a PVR, yes? Also the PVR function is available without upgrading with the Evo Kit. Check my old posts.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: ES8000 + SEK-2000 EVO KIT & PVR

Post by zoelechat »

There will NEVER be any PVR for HDMI :)
For obvious reasons: content protection, and TV doesn't own any encoder.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bryantjopplin

Re: RE: Re: ES8000 + SEK-2000 EVO KIT & PVR

Post by bryantjopplin »

Highlander wrote:OTA, or direct coax cable. If you are using a cable box connected by HDMI, it should already have a PVR, yes? Also the PVR function is available without upgrading with the Evo Kit. Check my old posts.
I don't have cable or satellite. I use all internet based TV
zoelechat wrote:There will NEVER be any PVR for HDMI :)
For obvious reasons: content protection, and TV doesn't own any encoder.
I figured this much. It would be more for my ps4 recording long game play, instead of just the 15 minutes you get.

Return to “[E] General”