SamyGo Firmware Patcher Script

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: SamyGo Firmware Patcher Script

Post by erdem_ua »

oposum wrote:
erdem_ua wrote:Enabling `Samygo` is not come logic to me. Advanced mode is better to understand.
I am gonna put
Enable Telnet or Advanced Mode on image( T/a )?
as a switch, which defaults telnet if 'a' or 'A' not leaved as answer.
I want to ask what code is in SamyGo.sh ? will telnet be on in advanced mode ?
SamyGO.sh is NOT existent file. You needed to create and costumize as your taste. For first move, you needed to enable telnet via Telnet Enable Application or exLink cable, than enter TV via telnet and create SamyGO.sh for enabling telnet and other things that you want. There is a page on wiki that explains the operation.
idbirch
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idbirch »

Hi, I've successfully patched my UE407000 firmware (T-CHU7DEUC) using this script but haven't dared to actually flash it yet. Is there any way to verify that my new exe.img.enc is valid? Like a CRC/MD5 comparison with a verified working version?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

idbirch wrote:Hi, I've successfully patched my UE407000 firmware (T-CHU7DEUC) using this script but haven't dared to actually flash it yet. Is there any way to verify that my new exe.img.enc is valid? Like a CRC/MD5 comparison with a verified working version?
Nope :) But I can say, If you modify firmware via script, It's the safest way to do that.
idbirch
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idbirch »

OK, I may try it tonight then. Can you confirm there are a decent number of sanity checks performed by the script before writing the final img? Have you heard of anyone at all bricking their TV when using a firmware created by this script?
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

idbirch wrote:OK, I may try it tonight then. Can you confirm there are a decent number of sanity checks performed by the script before writing the final img? Have you heard of anyone at all bricking their TV when using a firmware created by this script?
I am only checking MD5 of file and checking resulting image. This script is dangerous tool. It's not like minesweeper at your computer.
Script makes 2 thing. Implement VideoAR Fix and Telnet/SamyGO.sh. There is nothing to check some time. Because I don't have LED tv but script supports LED TV firmware too. I don't try it on real device. If some one pay my expenses, than I can test script on every TV. :D

I can say that, AFAIK, there is 2 people bricked their TV. One of them setting panel type Service Menu, other one is prepares wrong boot.img for itself. No one bricked it's tv with this script, YET.
Wanna be first? :lol:
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Working on Automated Video ARFix v1 patching.
So, all future firmwares* will have v1 Fix automatically with 0.15 version of the script. :)
My pre-Prototype working already. Needed to make it working on all platforms.

Edit:
Patch Ready! Try Now! :)

Return to “[B] Software”