SamyGO ChanEdit - a Java based channel editor

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

jw1001

Re: SamyGO ChanEdit - a Java based channel editor

Post by jw1001 »

The only thing I would suggest is that you use Channel Editor to change the channel numbers in AirD, then it will calculate the checksum and you can copy the entire hex record without modification.
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

dark975's map-SateD file was readable once extracted from the archive, but your map-CableD file has a slightly different format to the one used on B-series. The record length appears to be 292 bytes, resulting in a file length of 292,000, which probably prompted the error. The B-series record is only 248 bytes for map-CableD. (map-SateD is 144 bytes for B and C) See the Wiki for file structures.

There seem to be 20 extra bytes added before the channel description field. I didn't check all the records, but most seem to be the same, blocks of 0x00 or 0xFF. The description field also looks longer. If you can figure out the different structure, it might be possible to change the editor. It might not be too hard if the extra fields are unused.
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mattberlin »

BTW, has there been any progress regarding editing dvb-t and dvb-s channel list and successfully playing them back to the tv?
jw1001

Post by jw1001 »

Mattberlin, are you referring to your post of 4 Feb?
I managed to export and edit my DVB-T channel list succesfully. But after having it imported to the TV, its channel list hasn't changed.
I re-ordered my DVB-T channel list (to make the EPG easier to use) and the order has stayed the same.
I noticed it's not possible to delete channels, because the TV scans automatically and adds them back in.
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mattberlin »

Yes, indeed. I am referring to that elder post. I had been having the problems that you encounter right now. Obviously the issue is that complex that a solustion hasnt been found, yet.
my TV: LE32B679

Return to “[B] Software”