[App] ForceFirmware Back (FFB)

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] ForceFirmware Back (FFB)

Post by juusso »

server issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
JuniorG

Post by JuniorG »

GREAT!!! Thank you so much, juuso! And thank you for all this very valuable work!

So now I can finally proceed in packaging the firmware and... cross fingers!
JuniorG

Post by JuniorG »

Unfortunately I could not manage to downgrade the firmware.

I think I have followed all the steps carefully (please note that my TV is a LE32B650T2W with common interface (CI only, I guess) with firmware T-CHL7DEUC-3001.1):

1. Went into service mode,
- Switched on Wiselink write
- Switched off Watchdog
- Set RS232-jack to debug mode

2. Switched off TV and then back on.

3. Cleared all Content apps I had from the TV intenal memory (just to free all its memory

4. Extracted the latest version of FFB directly into the root of a newly FAT32 formatted USB Key and plugged it to the TV.

5. Copied the entire contents of the USB Key to the internal memory of the TV (using Content Manager and the fake "troyan" link exactly as described).

6. Downloaded "T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0.exe".

7. Re-formatted the USB key from PC,

8. Copied such .exe file into the USB key, launched it in windows, and clicked on "install" to let it unpack in the USB root.

9. Deleted the file "T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0.exe" from the key, while leaving the rest untouched.

(ALL STEPS 1-9 OK UP TO THIS POINT)

10. Downloaded the file you have just kindly provided to me, and unzipped it without renaming anything directly into the USB key, thereby completing the file structure exactly as indicated in post #1 (see below), EXCEPT for "image", that in your file is named "[T-CHL7DEUC]-Image" as opposed to "[T-CHL7DEUC]-Image.bin" in post #1 (see below)

Code: Select all

/T-CHL7DEUC
------crc
------ddcmp
------MicomCtrl
------rc.local
------run.sh.enc
----------/image
----------------appdata.img.enc
----------------exe.img.enc
----------------[T-CHL7DEUC]-u-boot.bin
----------------[T-CHL7DEUC]-fnw.bin
----------------[T-CHL7DEUC]-Image.bin     <-- this file is named "[T-CHL7DEUC]-Image" in your zip, and I kept it so.
----------------md5sum
----------------md5
----------------info.txt
----------------serial_temp
----------------version_info.txt
----------------validinfo.txt
----------------readme.txt
11. Went back to the TV and plugged in the USB key, which got correctly recognised as a newly inserted media,

12. Went to content manager, "My Contents", "Children" (though I live in Italy so my menu is in Italian) and run "1. FFB".

13. The app run, but I immediately got this error: "Did you rename firmware directory??? Do not do it in future, you brick your TV! Firmware mismatch! quit."

14. Fortunately the TV rebooted successfully, although still with the latest fimware in it.

I checked and re-checked the folder and file structure and it is all exactly as in post #1, except for the ".bin" missing in the name of the "image" file. It is a FAT32, 4GB pendrive, labeled "CASTROL" but I don't think the drive label has anything to do with the issue reported.

I'm attaching the 3 log files that were written by FFB to the USB key. If you have the patience of checking them to see if you can spot a clue, that would help me much. :)

Also maybe I should mention that before doing thie entire procedure, I had success in reverting back to the previous firmware using the "Fully Automated" procedure described here: http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Forced ... r_firmware, but could only revert to version 3000 (the previously installed one), which of course is useless. I don't know if this can have somewhat affected the beaviour of FFB.
_sysinfo.log
_FFBlog.log
_debug.log
Another thing I just noticed is that strangely, file "info.txt" in the pendrive got corrupted after the upgrade (or was it even before? Didn't check...). Now it does not contain the string "T-CHL7DEUC 2005.0" as it would be expected. See it attached:
info.txt
Similar corruption appears also to have been brought to the other 2 files version_info.txt and validinfo.txt. No corruption to readme.txt instead. :?

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

download firmware once again and extract it to another usb pen drive.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

emuali23

Post by emuali23 »

Hello

I need the u-boot, fnw and image files to pack the firmware for downgrading my PS50B850

Can t start download from step 7 :(

Download required images (not for CI+):
LExxB65x, LExxB75x, PSxxB65x
LNxxB65x, LNxxB75x, PNxxB850
UExxB7xxx, UExxB8xxx, UAxxB7xxx, UAxxB8xxx
UNxxB7xxx, UNxxB8xxx
PSxxB85x <-- THIS IS WHAT I NEED
Korea version of LNxxB65x/75x

Hope someone can help me please.

THX

Emuali23
Dhardrian

Post by Dhardrian »

Looking for T-CHE7AUSC to place in image folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction? They are not contained in the official Samsung download.

Rob
deltafox68

Post by deltafox68 »

Hello sorry for stupid question I don't know if my model is ci or ci+ version.How can i find this info.
My model is LE40B652T4WXXC 002005 old firmware version 003000 (T-CHL7DEUC_3000.2_Step1) current firmware version.
I have downloaded FFB(v0.8) until step 4 all is ok.I want downgrade to 2005 version so i have downloaded T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0 firmware.Is correct
Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

It is ci version.

deltafox68

Post by deltafox68 »

Many thanks juuso. I finally know that the LE40B652T4WXXC is an CI version. Please could you advise me which firmware should I download for the downgrade?

ps Can I use pvr function without patched firmware

thanks for all and congratulations for your spectacular work.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

use T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0

Return to “[B] Software”