[App] ForceFirmware Back (FFB)

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [How-To] Rollback on old FW...

Post by juusso »

wkal1,
Look at wiki, "old&good firmwares" section.

gem0237
gem0237 wrote: looks like I messed up :(
Followed all steps 1 -> 12 until TV reboot.
after reboot I TV is powered on (light is on) with black screen and is not responding to RC (when I press button light flashes but nothing happen).

My TV is UE40B8000XWXXH
I have done firmware update in the past (10/2010 or so), using "T-CHU7DEUC"
I moved your post to new topic.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
coobo

Rollback on old FW for PSxxB650...

Post by coobo »

Someone not attempted rollback models for ps? I have concretely ps50b650sw1 and I do not have the courage to go ahead ... I can already damage the tv when I use telnet trojan?
PS50B650S1W, Module T-CHL7DEUC
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Before to start you can help me with info about your TV. Troyan telnet enabler does not damage tv by it self, but if you enter wrong commands to console, then you might damage TV.
I know plasma PSxxB850 with firmware T-CHU7DEUC has been successfully downgraded with help of FFB. I`m going today to release v0.3 version of this app, with improved code to avoid bricks. If you help me, i add support for your TV too.
I need:
1. full firmware version you use (ok, i know, it is T-CHL7DEUC, right? If it is T-CHLCIPDEUC - no support because of CI+)
2. Some output from your TV (connect over telnet and enter commands). Use EN locale on pc, better copy-paste from here to telnet directly.

Code: Select all

df -h

mount

cat /sbin/update.sh
3. It would be great that you make some dumps to USB and attach here.
Are you ready?

4. Enable telnet with SamygoTelnetEnabler as Trojan
5. Give me what you get in console from commands given in 3.
6. I write what you need to do next.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

coobo

Post by coobo »

Thank you for your quick response! Model of TV my TV is PS50B650S1W, Module T-CHL7DEUC. The TV I have no Telnet, so we must first use the Trojan. During the week I was working long hours, so we do not know when I have time to devote to it ...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

It will take max 15 minutes. Write here when you have telnet and output to my commands i wrote in previous post ;)

coobo

Post by coobo »

juuso wrote:It will take max 15 minutes. Write here when you have telnet and output to my commands i wrote in previous post ;)
I installed telnet to the tv through Trojan, select run this telnet enabler, I wait a few minutes, but nothing happens ... Remote Control does not respond, communicate via telnet, ftp or filezilla does not work ... ping ip address is fine ... tv can only be turned on and off to function normally ... What next? What am I doing wrong?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I think you do common mistake - run telnet enabler from:
[Content Library Manager] -> [My Contents] -> [Children] - TV goes dark for second and returns to CHILDREN, it`s OK, connect over telnet: IP:23
or right way is this also:
[Menu] -> [Source list] -> [USB] -> [Content Library] -> [My Contents] -> [Children]
but NOT this:
[Content Library] -> [My Contents] -> [Children] - TV freezes and you get no telnet.

coobo

Post by coobo »

yes, you're right, I ran it wrong, because TV was freezing and telnet did not work, it already is :-) now I'm going to fix those PrtScn

Return to “[B] Software”