Port of NTFS-3g succeeded

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

openikev2

Port of NTFS-3g succeeded

Post by openikev2 »

Hello,

I didn't understand why no-one had ported ntfs-3g for the TV. The use of the NTFS with write support seemed important to me (for example to store recordings in NTFS disks, but also to copy/rename subtitle files, delete movies without unplugging the HD, etc).

Hence, I crossed compiled NTFS-3G myself, and it worked. Thus, I have created a new Game where all the NTFS partitions available on the system are umounted and remounted again using ntfs-3g. Note that if you have accessed the partition on the media player, you would need to restart the TV since the Game will be unable to umount the disk.

If you are going to include this extension into the injectso list, I would recommend to put it on the first place, since otherwise you may have time to go to the Media Player before the extension is actually loaded and thus, avoiding the proper umounting of the disk.

Hope this is useful for anyone. Please, comment.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Port of NTFS-3g succeeded

Post by erdem_ua »

I liked. But don't we already have NTFS-3g already? If we don't we miss it! :)
Thanks...
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

erdem_ua wrote:I liked. But don't we already have NTFS-3g already? If we don't we miss it! :)
Thanks...
Hehe, if we did have it, it was unable to find it :).

Regards
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

Hi everyone,

for those interested, here you have a new version of the NTFS-3G. This version includes the icon (thanks to moras86), and a new few lines to make the HD dissapear from the HD list during the remounting.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baco81

Post by baco81 »

GREAT!!! Do you mean we can use PVR app to record on NTFS formatted HDD? :D

Thank very much!!!
T-CHL7DEUC-2005.0-v0.24-GMT2-ArFIX2-ADFIX-fwver-ENGFIX
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

baco81 wrote:GREAT!!! Do you mean we can use PVR app to record on NTFS formatted HDD? :D

Thank very much!!!
That's right :D. That was the first intention. Collateraly, you can remove/change name/move files in your NTFS HDDs without unplugging them from the TV (if you are using the FTP server).

Note that the FUSE module from the SamyGO Extensions MUST be loaded before executing this application.

Regards
geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by geo650 »

Hello!
I am very interested in recording on NTFS partition using PVR+ and your NTFS-3G driver. But I cannot.

When Content Library version is used, NTFS partition allows me to create directories, copy files etc. but after powering TV down and connecting HDD to my computer it shows that there are no new files on it!

The same result occurs when I run NTFS-3G by commandline, except one thing: fs.f_type returned by statfs() function is other than "standard" NTFS type: I mean 0x1021994, not 0x5346544E (see: http://linux.die.net/man/2/statfs for details). When executing telnet.sh script, it creates coredump file on re-mounted NTFS partition. Should I load fuse.ko file using insmod command before calling telnet.sh script? If yes, it doesn't help at all.

What should I do?

My info: LE40B650T2W T-CHL7DEUC 2005.0 patched, Samsung G2 Portable HDD/USB2.0 drive with single 500GB NTFS partition.
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

geo650 wrote:Hello!
I am very interested in recording on NTFS partition using PVR+ and your NTFS-3G driver. But I cannot.

When Content Library version is used, NTFS partition allows me to create directories, copy files etc. but after powering TV down and connecting HDD to my computer it shows that there are no new files on it!

The same result occurs when I run NTFS-3G by commandline, except one thing: fs.f_type returned by statfs() function is other than "standard" NTFS type: I mean 0x1021994, not 0x5346544E (see: http://linux.die.net/man/2/statfs for details). When executing telnet.sh script, it creates coredump file on re-mounted NTFS partition. Should I load fuse.ko file using insmod command before calling telnet.sh script? If yes, it doesn't help at all.

What should I do?

My info: LE40B650T2W T-CHL7DEUC 2005.0 patched, Samsung G2 Portable HDD/USB2.0 drive with single 500GB NTFS partition.

Umm, to be honests, I checked that I can record to the HD, and play the movie right after that, but never tried if the files were presistent. I just assumed so. I will make some tries and give you some information. I've been busy so I couldn't try much more.

REgards
openikev2

Post by openikev2 »

geo650 wrote:Hello!
Well, I've tried and I can. That's good. It means that eventually, you will too :).
geo650 wrote: When Content Library version is used, NTFS partition allows me to create directories, copy files etc. but after powering TV down and connecting HDD to my computer it shows that there are no new files on it!
I've been doing some tests, and I have experienced the problem some few times. it only appears when I create the file/directory, and then, shut-down the computer right away. The problem seems to be related with the "sync" option in the mount, which I forgot to add. You can just modify the telnet.sh file and add the "-o sync" option at the end of the ntfs-3g command. That should be the fix. I've uploaded a new version including that option in the mount.
geo650 wrote: The same result occurs when I run NTFS-3G by commandline, except one thing: fs.f_type returned by statfs() function is other than "standard" NTFS type: I mean 0x1021994, not 0x5346544E (see: http://linux.die.net/man/2/statfs for details). When executing telnet.sh script, it creates coredump file on re-mounted NTFS partition. Should I load fuse.ko file using insmod command before calling telnet.sh script? If yes, it doesn't help at all.
Well, of course you MUST load FUSE. If the fuse.ko is not loaded, it should give you an error message telling you about that. I tried to do it manually (insmod /mtd_tlib/GGame/SamyGO/lib/modules/2.6.18_SELP-ARM/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko), it works perfectly. I was able to execute the ntfs-3g command afterwards.
geo650 wrote: What should I do?
Umm, another possible error here may be the fact that my TV is CIP, but yours seem to be CI. Mine is LE40B650T2P. But, my compilation environment is not specific for CIP models (AFAIK). It MAY be a problem with the fuse.ko module, but if you was able to mount the partition, then the problem shoudl be fixed with the sync option.

Regards and please, provide feedback.

Summarising, just try to add the "-o sync" option to the ntfs-3g command, which I forgot to add, or install the new version I attach.

FILE DELETED SINCE "-o sync" does not performs well with recordings
Last edited by openikev2 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
geo650
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by geo650 »

openikev2 wrote:[...]The problem seems to be related with the "sync" option in the mount, which I forgot to add.[...]
Thank you. New version (with sync option) seems to perform much better.
No coredumps. Files remain intact after disconnecting the drive.

Remaining problems:
- too slow for recording of live DVB streams (maybe something could be done in PVR+, I don't know); recordings are shredded; besides, you must wait ca. 30s to stop recording (dumping a buffer is performed, I suppose),
- "ntfs-3g-mount: failed to create temporary directory" message is shown while remounting sda1 USB/HDD drive from commandline.

New PVR+ 1.5 will detect NTFS-3G "magic" and allow to record on such partitions.

Return to “[B] Software”