Readahead for HD Video Playback CIFS/NFS/FTP over Wi-Fi

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Prebuffering for HD Video Playback CIFS/NFS - Help needed!

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:Thanks again for your help. I have started the devshell and recompiled everything. Actually the /lib came from the fuse.pc (package config) file, I have manually fixed that by adding the right prefix.
Finally I could compile anything I need.
I have an executable and some .so-s. I will copy them to the TV via scp.
However I am not sure what should be exactly the right location? Any help would be appreciated.
depends on how do you like to distribute the package and on its components (just libs, helper tools or/and scripts).
you should build an ipkg archive with http://tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/ structure,than its easy to build images and move files
into tvs structure or you build the archive to fit into /mtd_tlib/

hth
arris

ps: if you do an svn up, you can check the files in oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/oe/packages/SamyGO-Template/ , oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/oe/packages/SamyGO-Extensions and oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/oe/packages/images/
arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:Would be nice to put it into svn once it works indeed or maybe even earlier...

I have built and debuged the tool on ubuntu and it worked.
Now I have copied it into the TV from USB and was able to run mount.readahead (this is the name I gave to the app), it found the libraries, but I get Segmentation fault. I assume this happens because of

Code: Select all

{
   aio_buffer_sz = 8 * 1024 * 1024,
   aio_consume_window = aio_buffer_sz / 2,
   debug_readahread_aio = true
 };
 char aio_buffer[ aio_buffer_sz ];
At least I have got seg fault on ubuntu as when I have tried to increase the buffer size to 16 MB. Is there any limitation for the maximum size of an array or of a class on arm? If yes, is there a way to increase it?
ansi standard has some limits, are you shure this should be a buffer and not an array to buffers?
can you pls zip your code (with some documentations) and post it here.

thnx
arris
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Post by erdem_ua »

Why don't you plug it via cable? 100Mbit is enough for HD movies.
Or if you don't want cables upgrade that dongle & your router with 802.11n, which promises 300 Mbit connection.

Return to “[B] Software”