Readahead for HD Video Playback CIFS/NFS/FTP over Wi-Fi

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Prebuffering for HD Video Playback CIFS/NFS - Help needed!

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:...
Arris, would it be possible to include ftp fs (e.g. lufs) in the next release of SamyGO All Ext? I tried to compile it but it needs kernel headers which I do not know where to find...
looks as outdated software:

Code: Select all

/home/Video-HD/samygo/oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/T-CHU7DEUC-linux-gnueabi/lufs-0.9.7-r0/lufs-0.9.7/kernel/Linux/2.6/inode.c:62: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type                                                       
/home/Video-HD/samygo/oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/T-CHU7DEUC-linux-gnueabi/lufs-0.9.7-r0/lufs-0.9.7/kernel/Linux/2.6/inode.c: In function 'lu_get_sb':                                                                                        
/home/Video-HD/samygo/oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/T-CHU7DEUC-linux-gnueabi/lufs-0.9.7-r0/lufs-0.9.7/kernel/Linux/2.6/inode.c:511: error: too few arguments to function 'get_sb_nodev'                                                         
/home/Video-HD/samygo/oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/T-CHU7DEUC-linux-gnueabi/lufs-0.9.7-r0/lufs-0.9.7/kernel/Linux/2.6/inode.c: At top level:                                                                                                   
/home/Video-HD/samygo/oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/T-CHU7DEUC-linux-gnueabi/lufs-0.9.7-r0/lufs-0.9.7/kernel/Linux/2.6/inode.c:517: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type                                                      
make[6]: *** [/home/Video-HD/samygo/oe/branches/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/T-CHU7DEUC-linux-gnueabi/lufs-0.9.7-r0/lufs-0.9.7/kernel/Linux/2.6/inode.o] Fehler 1     
why do you not try tuning over /proc or module/mount parameter for cifs?

btw here is a bb file to start with if you like try to patch lufs ( save it as lufs_0.9.7.bb)

DESCRIPTION=Linux Userland File Systems
SECTION=base
PRIORITY=optional
LICENSE=GPL

SRC_URI = "\
        ${SOURCEFORGE_MIRROR}/lufs/lufs-${PV}.tar.gz \
#       ${SOURCEFORGE_MIRROR}/lufs/lufs-${PV}-2.6.0-test9.patch.gz;patch=1 \
"
S = ${WORKDIR}/lufs-${PV}

inherit autotools pkgconfig module

EXTRA_OECONF = --with-kernel=${KERNEL_VERSION} --with-kheaders=${STAGING_KERNEL_DIR}/include
arris69

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:should not just this patch be applied simply? Is it commented out in the .bb file by intention?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lufs/fi ... z/download
why do you not try tuning over /proc or module/mount parameter for cifs?
Do you mean CIFSMaxbuffsize, rsize? I've tried that already without any success. Maybe I have not tried that in the right way... but I do not know what are the optimal settings both on client as well as on the server side. I do not think it will fly with CIFS but I would be happy to see an evidence that it does.

lufs is the old implementation of fuse, fuse is in SamyGO svn sshfs-fuse too, so feel free to test.
now i am on rebuild my toolchain for sh4 and arm so may tomorrow i can make a look at http://curlftpfs.sourceforge.net/

arris

ps: may from this direction: http://fasterdata.es.net/TCP-tuning/linux.html

edit, 19.feb: found other thing http://www.ricardis.tudelft.nl/~vincent/fusesmb/, so initial release of curlftpfs and fusesmb are in svn, feel free to submit patches
so it can work on tvs filesystem structure.
Last edited by arris69 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattberlin
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mattberlin »

wannaseek wrote: Upgrade to N could be an option indeed
According to this thread http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=267 upgrading to N wouldn't improve the situation.
my TV: LE32B679
arris69

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:
now i am on rebuild my toolchain for sh4 and arm so may tomorrow i can make a look at http://curlftpfs.sourceforge.net/
arris, thanks. I can see curlftp in the svn repo. Is a compiled binary available somewhere as well? Or how can I compile it for myself? (I assume I have to pull branch-1 from svn but then run make or bitbake with some parameter?) sorry for the lame question...
cd build ; . ./env.source ; bitbake -v -D curlftps ; cd -

or you modifi one of the image recipe (under oe/packages/images/) and add curlftpfs to INSTALL_PACKAGES than
cd build ; . ./env.source ; bitbake -v -D <whatewerrecipe> ; cd -

if you build image targets you can find installed binaries under build/tmp/rootfs if you build just target recipe like curlftpfs you can find compiled binaries somewhere under build/tmp/work/ or ipkg under build/tmp/deploy/ipk

but there is also readme file with urls to openembedded in the svn

arris
arris69

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:thanks. I have tried in both ways but it says:

+ cd /samygo/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/u-boot-mkimage-selp-native-p750-r1/uboot_p750
+ do_compile
+ oe_runmake leonid_config
+ [ xmake = x ]
+ oenote make CROSS_COMPILE= leonid_config
+ echo NOTE: make CROSS_COMPILE= leonid_config
NOTE: make CROSS_COMPILE= leonid_config
+ make CROSS_COMPILE= leonid_config
make: *** No rule to make target `leonid_config'.  Stop.
+ die oe_runmake failed
+ oefatal oe_runmake failed
+ echo FATAL: oe_runmake failed
FATAL: oe_runmake failed
+ exit 1
ERROR: function do_compile failed
ERROR: see log in /samygo/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/u-boot-mkimage-selp-native-p750-r1/temp/log.do_compile.19520
NOTE: Task failed: /samygo/branch-0-0-1/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/u-boot-mkimage-selp-native-p750-r1/temp/log.do_compile.19520
NOTE: package u-boot-mkimage-selp-native-p750-r1: task do_compile: failed
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
NOTE: package u-boot-mkimage-selp-native-p750: failed
ERROR: Build of SamyGO-Extensions-image failed
I assume a step is missing.
delete the file oe/packages/u-boot/u-boot-mkimage-selp-native_p750.bb and than try again pls.
assume your tv should use u-boot b650, i have to check the machine <-> u-boot stuff

arris

Return to “[B] Software”