Readahead for HD Video Playback CIFS/NFS/FTP over Wi-Fi

Here are software that related with Samsung B series TVs. Like hex editors, new version of BusyBox or internal software, app programs that will run in your TV hardware.:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER QUESTIONS or Problems.

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Prebuffering for HD Video Playback CIFS/NFS - Help needed!

Post by erdem_ua »

You can easily create toolchain with SamyGO OpenEmbedded SVN repo.
Sorry but I don't compile kernel modules too often :)
Might be arris could compile this code :D
marcelru
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by marcelru »

[quote][Just for the record I've got stucked during building the cross-compiling toolchain on cygwin as described in the wiki when executing ./mkglibc.sh. at the errors below but now I will try OpenEmbedded on cygwin/quote]

Hi wannaseek,

That's where I got stuck too. It has to do with some bits of cygwin not being capable of handling weak objects properly. Haven't figured out yet how to solve this. It's not very high on my priority list, since I never touch a windows box unless I really have to.
Maybe if we use the glibc as built on another platform, this cygwin problem could be resolved. I have a working toolchain on Linux x86_64. (built with the same scripts, BTW). So if you're interested, I could send you a bunch of shared libraries (glibc and family). Building the gcc stage 2 afterwards might be straightforward.

On the other hand, if you get the OpenEmbedded version working, we could write that build process on the wiki, and forget about the samsung toolchain for cygwin.

Then the fuse build. I downloaded the fuse package source, configuration is OK until it tries to find libpopt. I haven't searched further yet, but with a little "luck" we need to build a bunch of libraries for ARM first before we can actually build the fuse package.

grtz,

marcelr
arris69

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:Now I have a successfully built toolchain on Wubi (ubuntu 9.10).
I have also downloaded the sources of popt-1.15 (libpopt). Now I try to compile fuselagefs.
The current issue is that I do not know how to tell to the configure script of fuselagefs where the libpopt sources are located. I can specify the location of FUSE by setting the pkg_config_path but that does not work for libpopt sources...
Could somebody send me an example how the location of libraries should be told to the "./configure" script normally?
--libdir=

but if configure won't find essential libraries may it is better not to use the software or your system setup is copletly wrong, however it is something new for testing in samygo svn branch

hth
arris
arris69

Post by arris69 »

wannaseek wrote:Thanks for the help. I recognized that I was using the openembedded directory structure in a completely wrong way.
Now I put all sources into the build/tmp/work directory. And call the ./configure with --prefix= and execute make with DESTDIR=build/tmp/staging/arm-linux-gnueabi.
This way I was able to build fuse, popt and configure fusalage. But now when I try to make fuselage, I get:

Code: Select all

arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ -shared -nostdlib /home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.2.0/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/crti.o /home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.2.0/crtbeginS.o  .libs/fuselagefs.o  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib -L/lib /home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libfuse.so -lrt -ldl /home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libpopt.so -L/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.2.0 -L/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.2.0/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/lib /home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/libstdc++.so -L/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-4.2.0-4.0.9-r1/gcc-4.2.0-4.0.9/build.x86_64-linux.arm-linux-gnueabi/arm-linux-gnueabi/libstdc++-v3/src -L/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-4.2.0-4.0.9-r1/gcc-4.2.0-4.0.9/build.x86_64-linux.arm-linux-gnueabi/arm-linux-gnueabi/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/work/gcc-cross-4.2.0-4.0.9-r1/gcc-4.2.0-4.0.9/build.x86_64-linux.arm-linux-gnueabi/./gcc -L/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/arm-linux-gnueabi/bin -L/home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/arm-linux-gnueabi/lib -lm -lc -lgcc_s /home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.2.0/crtendS.o /home/samygo-svn/build/tmp/cross/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.2.0/../../../../arm-linux-gnueabi/lib/crtn.o  -pthread -Wl,-soname -Wl,libfuselagefs.so.0 -o .libs/libfuselagefs.so.0.0.0
/lib/libc.so.6: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libfuselagefs.la] Error 1
What can cause this?
you try to link against your hosts libc, -L/lib should never appear in your linking path.
for openembedded i suggest to create .bb files for your packages or use the devshell task

hth
arris

compile sample in .bb file

Code: Select all

do_compile(){
        ${CXX} ${CXXFLAGS} ${LDFLAGS} -o your_prog your_progsource.cpp
}

Return to “[B] Software”