Rooting on EvoKit SEK- 4500

Here is information about customize your E series firmware..:!:This forum is NOT FOR USER questions or problems but DEVELOPER.

noahjoseph
SamyGO Project Donor

Rooting on EvoKit SEK- 4500

Post by noahjoseph »

Hello Guys,
Is it possible to root an ES8090 with EvoKit SEK-4500?

My TV is currenly rooted. But the question is if i can still root when the EvoKit is installed? :?: :D
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Rooting on EvoKit SEK- 4500

Post by zoelechat »

Given that SEK-4500 is no more than an STB plugged to HDMI, I see no reason...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
noahjoseph
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noahjoseph »

So is it Possible to Keep the root? And to run OScam also? So can i use the Ui from the New Smart Hub and use the Satellite Signal through the TV to use OSCAM?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Any device plugged to HDMI is not going to be rooted because you plug it to a rooted tv :)
Your E will still be rooted, but not the STB (nor the PS4, the android tv or whatever...)

The SEK-4500 is not an evokit, it's another screen-less TV (N series actually). Just the way Samsung found to rip off unhappy high-end E/F/H users legitimately expecting some promised evolution.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Don't know if sek-4500 will work with E, F or H. Tough it ONLY connects via hdmi it STILL checks tv. For example it did NOT work on my R :) About root, yes it will be rootable but ONLY for those who block updates ASAP :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:14 pm Tough it ONLY connects via hdmi it STILL checks tv.
I guess some lame EDID check, in case anybody would want to use Tizen on another TV brand (lol).
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:48 pm I guess some lame EDID check, in case anybody would want to use Tizen on another TV brand (lol).
As I said not only that it doesn't even work with all samsung tv's!!
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

You tested N/2018 evoshit on R/2019 TV, no doubt future EDID isn't whitelisted :)
Who wants his TV to "evolve" to former year model anyway?

Does it work at least on any of your older TV(s) with no dedicated "evokit hole" at the back?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 am You tested N/2018 evoshit on R/2019 TV, no doubt future EDID isn't whitelisted :)
Who wants his TV to "evolve" to former year model anyway?

Does it work at least on any of your older TV(s) with no dedicated "evokit hole" at the back?
Okay quoting you "N/2018 evoshit" doesn't work on M/2017 tv :) Tough I can confirm it works on my J and H :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Then only good news is that you don't necessarily need former overpriced because evolutive TV to be able to use overpriced evolution :)

Return to “[E] Firmware”