Changing the TV motherboard on Samsung UE55ES8000

This forum is for information related with E series hardware.

tvbonnici

Changing the TV motherboard on Samsung UE55ES8000

Post by tvbonnici »

Hi,

I have been having problem with my Samsung UE55ES8000 and the italian freeview service tivuSat. The events have been blogged at http://samsung-tivusat.blogspot.com/. The local Samsung rep wants to "replace the motherboard".

What does this involve? Is it a simple procedure? I am not happy that someone is opening up a TV that is a few months out of the box.

Thanks
dajojo

Re: Changing the TV motherboard on Samsung UE55ES8000

Post by dajojo »

the samsung technician comes over and screws open your tv and take motherboard out and put new one in and probably upgrade it to latest firmware and calibrates the stuff. it will be recorded and u get a new waranty sticker and clamation
tvbonnici

Post by tvbonnici »

dajojo wrote:the samsung technician comes over and screws open your tv and take motherboard out and put new one in and probably upgrade it to latest firmware and calibrates the stuff. it will be recorded and u get a new waranty sticker and clamation
Thanks. The problem was in fact the mobo. It had a faulty tuner.
dajojo

Post by dajojo »

tvbonnici wrote:
dajojo wrote:the samsung technician comes over and screws open your tv and take motherboard out and put new one in and probably upgrade it to latest firmware and calibrates the stuff. it will be recorded and u get a new waranty sticker and clamation
Thanks. The problem was in fact the mobo. It had a faulty tuner.
your welcome
i hope samsung solved the problem for you :)

Return to “[E] Hardware”