ES series internal bluetooth and wifi hardware install and enable

This forum is for information related with E series hardware.

roolis

Re: ES series internal bluetooth and wifi hardware install and enable

Post by roolis »

ok guys,i am on my mission again for 3D,need your advice,as i found out earlier,that my UE46ES5505 uses the same firmware and everything under the main cover is the same as ES6300,ofcourse exept missing some chips on mainboard for extra features,so i wonder,are the mainboards interchangable without changing others,like T-con and etc.?my thoughts are,can i change my mainboard to UE37/40ES6300?or do i need for exact inches,at my situation 46"?and if my tv is 100Hz,is it possible to get 200Hz from ES6300 mainboard,or is my main LCD screen is 100Hz,so even if i change mainboard with 3D and 200Hz,will it be enough?cause i can get UE37/40ES6300 mainboard for very reasonable price,so if only mainboard is limited to 100Hz and i can get it working,i am ready for it,any info on this?
P.s dont be hard on me,i just want to get maximum from my tv,buying one already with everything is not interesting for me :)
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

Nope. Your panel needs to support 120hz minimum. I enabled 3D on my TV and it just glitched out.

No matter what you solder into your board, your display panel is the only factor that matters.

Most monitors / panels run at 60Hz with small or none usually capability to overclock.

My laptop monitor is 60Hz but I run it at 100Hz. Even 1 more hertz and it's not usable.
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

ok,i thought,that mainboard is the main problem,cause i have compared 5500 and 6100 boards by photo,so i see,that on mine 60Hz chips are present and 120Hz just empty places and main video processor is for 60Hz,on 6100 everything oposite,so they cannot be used together anyway,but are you sure,that Samsung was making displays just for 5500,5700 and for all 6xxx different ones?doesnt make sense,why then use everything same exepct screen.Would like to get some info about screens itself,but cant find it.
Just enabling 3D in SM wont make it work,because of wrong components,so it wont proove,that its the screen,the only thing what i need to find out,is there a same screens for 5500,5700,6100,6300,which share exact body,boards and components are interchangable
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

If you have your TV fully disassembled, look for a sticker on the back of your panel or on the PCB for the controller then look it up.

If anywhere online lists it as 60Hz: it won't do 120Hz, not even overclocked.
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

So if somenone is interested how i have ended this project,here it is:
on ES5500 board are empty places for components,that i needed,BT,INT Wifi and 3rd USB(2 were not enough for me,cause i want to use Skype camera,External hard drive and wireless mouse),all was needed is to solder missing sockets,diods and capasitors and make changes in SM as,BT on,USB 3,insted of 2,wifi internal instead of external,ofcourse for BT and Wifi,modules are needed aswell,which fits from all ES models which have ones,BT module is connected to same power switch connector,so getting BT module is better to get it with cable,cause non BT cable is only for power switch,which doesnt have wires for BT,it would be hard to pin it in.
So i got wifi and BT modules from ES6300,started from wifi,made it work,but before continuing with others,just got hole mainboard from ES6300 from my friend,so just pluged it in and now i have what i needed and even more,BT,INT Wifi,3rd USB,and even SAT TV,which turns out,i will use aswell now.
ES6300 even have 3D,but i cant find how to turn it on,no selection for it,but even if i find,it would not work well i think,since T-con board stayed from ES5500,which is 60Hz.
The pictures of blank places for components you can find in first post links,where missing components are,so if you have where to get spare parts,its very easy.
If it was helpful to somebody,i am glad,good luck
roolis

Post by roolis »

also i will try now to connect Smart Touch Remote,but i need to get it from friend aswell,cause i have the latest one,but when i press it,BT shows connecting,but then it says failed and older remote is shown like this one
but i have Advanced Smart remote from latest model,maby thats why it wont work
any ideas?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

roolis wrote: any ideas?
Well if you are using "latest" one it's always better to disable OTN Support ASAP :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
roolis

Post by roolis »

what OTN has to do with smart remote work?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Nevermind, it's sectroyer (overly long) running gag :ugeek:
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

roolis wrote:what OTN has to do with smart remote work?
Click link in description. With OTN enabled you can't do much :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[E] Hardware”