ES series internal bluetooth and wifi hardware install and enable

This forum is for information related with E series hardware.

RypeDub

Re: ES series internal bluetooth and wifi hardware install and enable

Post by RypeDub »

If you're just soldering on a port connection, the drivers should already be on the device.

Haven't worked with Linux drivers in a while, but it'll be totally easy to get them.

YES: you can use the drivers from that other TV, if that other TV is also rooted and you can access the /bin/something files
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

but if the firmware is the same,shouldnt the drivers be there already?or who is resposible for drivers present?if i change model number in SM lets say to ES5700,which is identical tv to mine,exept one thing-BT,will it automaticly be enabled in SM?
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

if it's the same firmware: it's the same drivers.

you'll be good to go, I thought you were working with a TV with a SIMILAR firmware.
55" Samsung 4K uHD Smart TV Model Number UN55HU6830 Running Firmware Version T-NT14UAKUC-1130.8

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

no,i would never try with different one,cause then it would be big project for me,since i am not that realy good with all these hacking stuff with Samygo,i decided to try it only after a lot research,wiring diagram research and etc,i am not that kind of guy,that firstly starts only then looks for ways to do it,i am only asking for your experience thoughts about it and useful advices.I was even thinking of buying ES6500 mainboard,which has 3D components in it and other useful stuff for me,cause that guy,from whom i bought BT,wifi modules and harness is selling this tv parts for sale,because of damaged screen,but then i thought,that even if i make my tv 3D ready,mines screen is 100Hz,so it wont work right,isnt it?
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

Yeah 3D needs 120Hz minimum, 60Hz per eye/half frame

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

RypeDub wrote:Yeah 3D needs 120Hz minimum, 60Hz per eye/half frame
yeap,i am not going to change screen for 3D :lol:
P.s just took a look,there is even hole in back cover for 3rd USB,its just covered with sticker with all writings,so it will be needed just to cut it out a hole in it to get access to usb extra port :lol:
its useful project for me,also i like modifieing stuf,since i work with cars stand alone ecu adn etc,stock stuff are not for me 8-)
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

Yupp, that'll work. Cut the plastic and solder on a USB female header.

HOWEVER! These thing are hard as heck to solder so definitely practice before hand

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

RypeDub wrote:Yupp, that'll work. Cut the plastic and solder on a USB female header.

HOWEVER! These thing are hard as heck to solder so definitely practice before hand
i was even thinking of going to my friend,who fixes TVs,with my tv or just mainboard and together install everything,cause anyway,i will need sockets and capasitors from him,some of them will be new,others will be desoldered from spare mainboards,so i think we will make it together,it would be much faster and easier,cause he is used to it,personaly i am soldering a lot aswell,but in cars ecus chips are a bit bigger,so its easier
RypeDub

Post by RypeDub »

Either way man, good luck! I hope you get it up and running.

Please take some pics and upload them to an album on Imgur.com so we can see your victorious achievement of modding your TV!

Rooted ;)
roolis

Post by roolis »

i hope everything works out well.I promise to inform about everything,write down a list of what is needed and get all pictures,so it could be useful to others,who wants to try it

Return to “[E] Hardware”