[ES6300] USB or LAN

This forum is for information related with E series hardware.

mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

[ES6300] USB or LAN

Post by mehmethan »

Hi

i have a ES6300

I know it has a USB 2.0 (assume high speed -> 480 mbps) and a Ehternet (assume 100 mbps)

Now, i have big .mkv files, i want to watch over WLAN.
I have a gigabit switch and a WLAN AC Repeater and my Router/modem is also with WLAN AC capable.

Now if the TV has 1gbit Ethernet i would prefer the stream over that network connection (NAS).
Otherway i have to copy the files into a USB and attach it to the TV.

What do you think?
I couldn't try it out yet, but maybe you know the exact technical specs (yes i researched already) and you can prefer a "Streaming" method.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [ES6300] USB or LAN

Post by zoelechat »

Network specs you want?
Ethernet is 100mbits, wifi is N150 (=~50mbits *real* as usual), and USB 2.0 no more than 250mbits in practice :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

So usb would be the best option then LAN and then WiFi to "stream" a large mkv.
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

wtf has file size to do w/ streaming? :)
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

See youtube, if you want to watch a HD video it buffers more then low quality videos. Thats caused by the file size. The HD video is much more larger than a low quality video. And if your bandwidth is too slow, you will have problems with streaming bigger files as it takes longer to stream file fragments with slower bandwidth, which leads to buffering.

If you know better you can tell me. I can assume you know the anwer already but i also can assume what i can expect from you as answer. ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well, except if you stream UHD (on ES6300 I don't think so), you'll never reach even half of wifi bandwidth with any mkv :)
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

Well i tried already 1080p .mkv with 5gb sizes on wifi and it sucks at buffering. Even thought it was Wlan N with 300mbit, but its too slow, for that reason, Now i will try over LAN.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

mehmethan wrote:See youtube, if you want to watch a HD video it buffers more then low quality videos. Thats caused by the file size. The HD video is much more larger than a low quality video. And if your bandwidth is too slow, you will have problems with streaming bigger files as it takes longer to stream file fragments with slower bandwidth, which leads to buffering.

If you know better you can tell me. I can assume you know the anwer already but i also can assume what i can expect from you as answer. ;)
Size doesn't matter. It's screen resolution/bitrate that matters :P
mehmethan wrote:Well i tried already 1080p .mkv with 5gb sizes on wifi and it sucks at buffering. Even thought it was Wlan N with 300mbit, but its too slow, for that reason, Now i will try over LAN.
Well than your WLAN is simply shitty. Even If it says 300mbit it doesn't mean it really supports it :P You can have shitty wlan, shitty lan, shitty usb :P Here 10gig, 15 gig r even 25 gig mkv over WLAN works wonderful :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mehmethan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mehmethan »

I thought about it, that resolution/bitrate matters but seriously. If your file is big, its mostly big because it has a big screen resolution and bitrate. Therefore told you only about the filesize ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:Well than your WLAN is simply shitty. Even If it says 300mbit it doesn't mean it really supports it :P You can have shitty wlan, shitty lan, shitty usb :P Here 10gig, 15 gig r even 25 gig mkv over WLAN works wonderful :P
Compare what is comparable, you have wonderful H, we have aging E :)
Here some mkvs are still "buffering" (actually more like quick lags), especially at the beginning through LAN and even through USB (and NO they're not shitty: gigabit vs USB3.0 so only TV is the limiting factor in both cases).
I'd more say it's a matter of mkv h264 "profile", most being high@4.1 when main@4.0 would be largely enough, or simply TV media player becoming a bit weak, especially when TV is constantly doing many other things it's not natively supposed to do ;)

You know what? I don't use TV media player anyway :P

Return to “[E] Hardware”