Submicon update failed

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mexx

Submicon update failed

Post by mexx »

Hey guys,

i think i messed my tv UE6880 completeley up by accidently changing the submicon update option in the service menue.

Is there anything i can do except taking it to samsung and let it repair for the cost of a new model? Remote control and on device buttons don't work and the red led on the right bottom corner does not light anymore.

Note: i am an engineering student and therefore normally not that stupid and i am not afraid of opening the tv and inserting a new chip, if i can get it from somewhere

i also have no warranty anymore :-/

Please help me, if it is possible anyhow
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Submicon update failed

Post by idm1 »

As far as I know, your best bet would be to replace the main board. I doubt that a physical eeprom reset will work, no harm in trying though. https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5?title ... PROM_Reset
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Eeprom reset wont help here. Mainboard replacement is only option. OR you can try to repair this way, but some skills and tools are needed: viewtopic.php?p=86791#p86791

If you can solder, build programmer (nothing difficult here) and try. You lose nothing.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If you ought to apply procedure linked by juusso, that file might help you, should be the one you need (from similar model)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mexx

Post by mexx »

Thanks very much, you are my last hope!

could not read the whole thing in detail for now, however seems like building up a jtag chain and reprogramming the faulty chip. Not to difficult in my opinion. I will keep you updated about it, if it worked. As one said, there's nothing to lose anymore :-|

Worst case scenario:
any ideas where I can get a replacement mainboard for a good price tag? eb*y?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Yeah ebay, check here for possible compatibility list (not for prices!). Almost all European models from UE65xx to UE69xx should have compatible mainboard with yours (the ones having design BN41-1807A). Design is BN41, model is BN94. First check sticker on your M/B though, 6880 seems to be quite uncommon model, and beware of integrated tuner you need (especially if you need DVB-T2, otherwise shouldn't matter). Actually FULL TV model name with all letters would help :)

Just an advice: strongly avoid "select-tv" (EMOS TV) UK seller, he's the most common and cheapest MB seller on ebay, but close to scam, half items are DOA and takes dispute/claim/eternity to be refunded. I promised him some "advertisement" :twisted:
Unfortunately E mainboards are becoming more rare and not as cheap as they used to be...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

mexx wrote: Worst case scenario:
any ideas where I can get a replacement mainboard for a good price tag? eb*y?
You could try going to your local Samsung service agent or local tv repair shop, they may be willing to sell you one. I have one around the corner from where I stay and they have no problem supplying me with spares :D
mexx

Post by mexx »

So again thank you very much!

I got a little time to take a closer look on the plans you thankfully provided me. Also I found a PC with LPT port. Now I'm going to order the necessary parts (inverter and driver) and then I'm going to build the programmer.

However I'm still not quite sure about how to connect the programmer to the chip then.
As it uses i2c, SDA and SCLK (and VCC and GND of course) should be correct, right? I am not sure about what the both IC4 chips (25xx and 24Cxx) are doing in the scematics. Are these just test circuits that submit the transmitted data back so that they are not needed for my purposes?

In case this all works you guys get some beers if you will ever be visiting vienna ;-)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I also in plans to build one. Just do not have time yet. But i think i will do most simple jtag version, 2 nd from this link: http://remont-aud.net/forum/119-29145-1 based on 74HC...
SpoilerShow
(VCT Jig MICRONAS ?? ??????????? 74??06 ? 74??367 )ImageImageImage
No obsolete parts, sockets etc. They say it is originally aimed for LG micronas processors, but can be used for another types of microchips and compatible with postal2.

p.s.
IC4 should be used for programming. I mean, there should be only sockets for either 25Cxx or 24Cxx to be connected... (...and re-flashed). IMHO.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mexx

Post by mexx »

Hey guys, it's me again!

Now I managed to find some time to open up my tv. In the attachment are some pictures of the model type and the integrated circuit which I have to reprogram. Before messing things more up ( if this is possible ;-) ), I just wanted to ask if the eeprom marked in the photo is the correct one?

I am going to give it a try this week...
organised all required parts so far and just need a calm day for soldering.

Thanks, anyways!

Update:
Soldered everything together. Had to use a 74HC132N instead of the inverters. I connected the programming adapter to the mainboard as denoted in the 3rd picture. However i did not manage to read something out from the weltrend chip, not to speak of reprogramming it. I'm not quite sure about the settings of the programming tool. Maybe anyone tried this before and has some more details?
IMG_20160322_170442.jpg
IMG_20160322_171840.jpg
IMG_20160322_171840.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[E] Support”