[SOLVED] ES Series: unlock and change local area

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

electrobose

[SOLVED] ES Series: unlock and change local area

Post by electrobose »

Hi,
I've UE40ES5500 and tried to change country in service menu using rucommunicator with no success.
I haven't found in settings the wireless remote, is this probabbly the problem?

There's any other procedure to change the country and enabling PVR?

Thanks!!!
Bye
gnufan

Re: ES Series and RuCommunicator

Post by gnufan »

electrobose wrote:Hi,
I've UE40ES5500 and tried to change country in service menu using rucommunicator with no success.
I haven't found in settings the wireless remote, is this probably the problem?
There's any other procedure to change the country and enabling PVR?
Thanks!!!
Bye
Me too i tried to change country code but was unable to find the "wireless IP" remote control setting to send FACTORY and 3SPEED with ruCommunicator, so diverted to "good old" IR hack codes. i found the PRONTO raw codes and changed to lirc, see here the config file:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3383&start=10#p31329

i tried on a UE22ES5400 tv set, and i was indeed able to change both country code and enable PVR feature.
electrobose

Post by electrobose »

thanks, but, how can i do this?
with pc?

sorry but I'm dummies for this operation.

Bye
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

@gnufan, thanks for sharing!
@electrobose, you have to use either WinLirc(on windows) or lirc (on linux) and have IR transmiter connected.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
electrobose

Post by electrobose »

ok, I haven't IR port so I need other solutions.

Thanks, bye.
Havy

Post by Havy »

I tried to change the country from UE to Italy in my UE40ES6710 following some video-guide that I found on YT for C650 series. The service men? is more or less the same so I've been able to reach the "country" men? but this voice is in Gray (unchangeable :cry: ) on my TV.
Is there a step-by-step guide for ES series service men? for country change or I have to use some software? Unfortunately I do not have the wireless in my house yet!
Is someone able to help me?

PS: Great TV! :D
gnufan

Post by gnufan »

Havy wrote: Is there a step-by-step guide for ES series service men? for country change or I have to use some software? Unfortunately I do not have the wireless in my house yet!
Is someone able to help me?
you could use an infrared blaster with a Pc using Windows (winlirc) or Linux (lirc) software.
The codes for the two keys that enable advanced service menu are FACTORY and 3SPEED and you can find them in this thread or forum

bests
pdca

Post by pdca »

Dears I found this interesting forum by surfing in internet and I hope you could help me in solving my issue. I?m from Italy and I just bought SAMSUNG TV UE46EH5000 online. When received it, since I couldn?t sort correctly my channels on DT, I realized that it comes from France and not possible at all to change Digital Country by using standard menu :x . By googling I discovered that something can be done by using service menu, but FACTORY and 3SPEED commands are needed. I also saw that the way using ruCommunicator is not working on new E series, I therefore would like to know:
1. If someone knows how to activate Local Area on UE46EH5000
2. If the procedure by means WinLirc could work on my TV (since it should be quite general I guess)
In case point 2 is fine, please just confirm my understanding on steps to be done is correct:
- Buy USB iRDA stick for PC
- Copy and paste the FACTORY and 3SPEED codes into .cfg file
- Open WinLirc and select SerialDevice.dll as Plugin Input
- Select already created .cfg file
- Power the TV in Service mode
- Send the FACTORY and 3SPEED by means WinLirc
Is it correct?
Thank you very much in advance!
gnufan

Post by gnufan »

pdca wrote:Dears ...
2. If the procedure by means WinLirc could work on my TV (since it should be quite general I guess)
In case point 2 is fine, please just confirm my understanding on steps to be done is correct:
- Buy USB iRDA stick for PC
- Copy and paste the FACTORY and 3SPEED codes into .cfg file
- Open WinLirc and select SerialDevice.dll as Plugin Input
- Select already created .cfg file
- Power the TV in Service mode
- Send the FACTORY and 3SPEED by means WinLirc
Is it correct?
Thank you very much in advance!
you are right more or less. pay attention that IRDA is not really the same as IRC (infra red controller...), see here
http://www.lirc.org/irda.html
so you should buy hardware that's recognizeed by lirc/winlirc http://www.lirc.org/html/table.html
Actually i use it on linux so i only suppose that WinLirc supports the same HW!
anyway, you are on the right track; if you want to change country code, you need to send these FACTORY and 3SPEED to your tv set.

when you achieve that, i'd like to know if that TV set can be enabled to italian "interactive" services (MHP), albeit the FW seems pretty small (just 36 MB here..)
http://www.samsung.com/fr/support/model ... -downloads
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Another approach is to use ExLink cable. Here is possible to change any setting from TOP debug menu.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[E] Support”