[SOLVED] ES Series: unlock and change local area

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

pdca

Re: ES Series and RuCommunicator

Post by pdca »

Thank you guys..you are great!
Indeed I didn't know about the difference between IrDA and Ir...just 2 letters can make the difference..:O)
Currently I'm far from my home (where my TV with issue stays) and back in 2.5 months...so for sure I will be glad to update you on MHP if (and I hope) I will be able to correctly set local area. At the moment, since here I have another Samsung TV I can use for tests, I want to correctly setup the entier process (sw and hw). Next step is to find a correct Ir transmitter compatible with WinLIRC...hope I could find it!....
Concerning ExLink cable procedure, is there any step by step guide for "dummies" I can follow? I'm not familiar with it!
Anyway, maybe interesting, following you can find 2 possible evolution (by using phones) for the Ir process, only problem is how to correctly set the FACTORY and 3SPEED codes into them:
1--> iPhone (i do not have one)
http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/telecoma ... mpt=uo%3D4
that can easily made by following this guide:
http://www.ispazio.net/forum/showthread ... smitter%29
2--> Android (Bluetooth to iR)
http://www.pdawin.com/en/android
Thanks again.....keep you posted!
Ciao
pdca

Post by pdca »

Short updating on my experience!
So far I succeeded in sending FACTORY and 3SPEED in both following ways:

- via Smartphone (by converting lirc codes to stereo wav and by assembling led transmitter)
- via PC and winlirc by assembling a serial RS232 DTR transmitter

I tested both the procedures on others codes as well (e.g. CHup, CHdown) and everything works
Only doubt I have is the following: as I wrote, I'm testing all this not on E series TV (I will do it in 2 months approx), but on UE32D5000 and when I send FACTORY (while on Service Menu), it appears--> "NOT AVAILABLE" on the screen!
The service menu of the UE32D5000 has almost all the tabs already unlocked except for the "Expert" one which is gray.
Is there any reason why the FACTORY is not working on my D series test TV? Are the codes different series by series? Do I miss some steps?
Thanks again for all your support!
Ciao
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: e series status

Post by juusso »

Try to send the 3speed twice while being in service menu.
viewtopic.php?p=25864#p25864
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
pdca

Re: e series status

Post by pdca »

juuso wrote:Try to send the 3speed twice while being in service menu.
viewtopic.php?p=25864#p25864
Thanks for the direction...I will try as soon as back at home this afternoon!
Just one doubt--> shouldn?t I first send FACTORY --> TV shuts down --> then send 3SPEED and back to SM with all activated? As you suggested I can send twice the 3SPEED, but it seems FACTORY is not working as well.......

BUT, thanks to your message, maybe I'm realizing where the problem could be! I guess (not sure since i did thousands of tests) I set on winlirc to repeat command 3 times....this means that also FACTORY has been sent 3 times and maybe only ONE is needed...
Keep you posted!

P.S. this forum is amazing!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE55D6200 Local set??

Post by juusso »

Factory not needed. Only 3speed+3speed. This works for d series.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
pdca

Re: UE55D6200 Local set??

Post by pdca »

juuso wrote:Factory not needed. Only 3speed+3speed. This works for d series.
...REALLY??. :o ..that's great....I will try!....
THXXXXX
pdca

Post by pdca »

Here what happened....
first of all I made mistake since the TV I'm using for testing is C series not D one (C5100)..sorry for that!...
Anyway, by pressing twice 3SPEED, the SW disappears and I get red sentence on top of the screen with: T-MSX5DEUC-2007.4..bla...bla..bla (info on fimware and others). If I press once again 3SPEED, I go back to SM but Expert tab is still gray.
I think i can judge my tests a success anyway because:
1. I'm able to send FACTORY & 3SPEED
2. I just need to test it on my new E series (this is my final goal because I need to set the correct Local Area which is locked) hoping it works....
Keep you posted....to be continued!.....
Thanks again!
kiplico

Post by kiplico »

pdca wrote:Short updating on my experience!
So far I succeeded in sending FACTORY and 3SPEED in both following ways:

- via Smartphone (by converting lirc codes to stereo wav and by assembling led transmitter)
- via PC and winlirc by assembling a serial RS232 DTR transmitter

I tested both the procedures on others codes as well (e.g. CHup, CHdown) and everything works
Only doubt I have is the following: as I wrote, I'm testing all this not on E series TV (I will do it in 2 months approx), but on UE32D5000 and when I send FACTORY (while on Service Menu), it appears--> "NOT AVAILABLE" on the screen!
The service menu of the UE32D5000 has almost all the tabs already unlocked except for the "Expert" one which is gray.
Is there any reason why the FACTORY is not working on my D series test TV? Are the codes different series by series? Do I miss some steps?
Thanks again for all your support!
Ciao
Ciao.
I got a 40" E series Smart TV (UE40ES6100P), buyed few days ago.
I would try that procedure to unlock the country region code (from EU to EU_Italy).
But I don't understand what you have done with winlirc. What kind of communication link did you use? A serial cable (RS232 DTR)?
And if it is so, what kind of input port did you use on TV and PC? I have a RS232-USB cable, do you think could be right?
Novac

Post by Novac »

Hello.

Sorry for my English. I wanted to ask if the commands "FACTORY" and "3SPEED" can be sent by Logitech Harmony One using WinLirc?
kiplico

Post by kiplico »

Novac wrote:Hello.

Sorry for my English. I wanted to ask if the commands "FACTORY" and "3SPEED" can be sent by Logitech Harmony One using WinLirc?
It seems to me the Harmony One is a multi device real remote control while you use lirc or winlirc to have a virtual remote control on a computer device: those are alternative methods.
I would try to use winlirc with a rs232-usb cable to send the commands "FACTORY" and "3SPEED", since I've just found an old mobile pc with rs232 port.
When I have a few time .. I hope!

Return to “[E] Support”