UA60EH6000 powering on and off continuously

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

emptyoz

UA60EH6000 powering on and off continuously

Post by emptyoz »

G'day,

Okay, I did the wrong thing.
I have been trying to control a UA60EH6000 via the serial port. I was not having much luck so I tried playing with the serial port settings.
The serial port choices are debug|UART|logic. I changed the setting to logic and now the TV just keeps turning on and off continuously!
If I power it off at the wall for a few seconds and then power it back on at the wall it will stay off but as soon as I turn it back on with the remote it starts power cycling again.

Does anybody know a way to force the TV to reset to factory default at power up? I have tried to access the service menus again but it will not stay on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
11 cheers for binary!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UA60EH6000 powering on and off continuously

Post by juusso »

I wonder you got access to service menu via serial port, i though factory menu was removed on e series!
Anyway eeprom reset may help you. Only. You have to open back panel and search for ... something... I mean, i haven`t seen any eh6000 mainboard yet, best idea would be to take high resolution photo and attach it here. What i mean? Take a look at this wiki article.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
emptyoz

Post by emptyoz »

juuso wrote:I wonder you got access to service menu via serial port, i though factory menu was removed on e series!
Anyway eeprom reset may help you. Only. You have to open back panel and search for ... something... I mean, i haven`t seen any eh6000 mainboard yet, best idea would be to take high resolution photo and attach it here. What i mean? Take a look at this wiki article.
G'day juuso,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I accessed the menu with the remote using the
[MENU] [MUTE] [POWER] sequence.
I had found and read the article on EEPROM re-setting but was concerned that it would lose every setting in the TV. As the unit does not stay powered on I cannot take pictures of all the advanced menu settings.
Am I correct in assuming that re-setting the EEPROM does a full reset not just a factory reset?

I will take some high res photos of the board tonight and submit them here.

Cheers
11 cheers for binary!
E3V3A

Post by E3V3A »

juuso wrote:I wonder you got access to service menu via serial port, i though factory menu was removed on e series!
I can confirm that Factory menu on the ES5700 is still there...
HW: UE40ES5700SXXH
FW: T-MST10PDEUC-1029.0 Onboot: 1003
moosecyp

Post by moosecyp »

Hi did you resolve this problem my tv is doing the same power up then down Cheers Geoff

Return to “[E] Support”