UE46ES7505 restarting every 15 minutes

Here for general support for E series TVs, request and problem solve area.

whitehooder

UE46ES7505 restarting every 15 minutes

Post by whitehooder »

So.. I unfortunately was dumb enough to add this script

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
cd /mtd_exe/
./exeDSP &
/bin/sh /dtv/usb/sda1/SamyGo.sh &
rm /mtd_rwarea/start.sh
sync
to the mtd_rwarea as start.sh and ended up with a bootloop. Little did I know that the rm line would not be run. If there is any way I could recover this (remove the script) I would greatly appreciate it.

I was running the patched firmware using the dns method on an UE46ES5705 and it was running smoothly. I had FTP access and admin shell. Is there possibly any recovery way added to any SamyGO scripts so I can run some code before the bootloop (before my script is ran)?

Thanks in advance.

- Mr stupid
Last edited by whitehooder on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E3V3A

Re: Removing start.sh from mtd_rwarea

Post by E3V3A »

Try looking around here some more, you're not the first one...
HW: UE40ES5700SXXH
FW: T-MST10PDEUC-1029.0 Onboot: 1003
whitehooder

Re: Removing start.sh from mtd_rwarea

Post by whitehooder »

Recieved my tv from the service center yesterday. They had replaced the whole motherboard. However I believe they have done something wrong cause when I now checked the model number it said UE46ES7500, but my previous version was UE46ES7505 (which is labelled at the back). Is there a way I can change this back manually? I got a problem with the tv shutting down and restarting every 15 minutes or so now. Don't know what the error is all about, neither do I know if an update of the firmware would fix it. I am currently on fw version 1030. Anyone here that got a way to either change back the model number to 7505 or any other way of fixing this error?

Thanks in advance
whitehooder

Re: UE46ES7505 restarting every 15 minutes

Post by whitehooder »

Although it seems that the activity on this forum is minimal I am posting here for anyone wondering how I solved the "wrong model code" thingy. I simply downloaded ruSamsungTvCommunicator and ran the key combination info + factory. This opened (un-greyed out) the settings for model number and svc, so I did a factory reset after changing those values. It seemed like it was working damn well and all. My TV stayed on for 50 minutes, then I decided to try to press down the big smart hub button on my remote, it started updating and when it was finished it went all black (just like it had done after ~15 minutes before I changed the model code in service menu), now my error is back. It occurs completely randomly I suppose. Now I've tried another factory reset without pressing the big stupid button again, however, it still keeps on going down. I am completely amazed that the service center could be this stupid? Don't they test my computer more than half a minute after power button is pressed? Do they really think that only replacing a part in it will make it fully functional again? I am worried to void my warranty (although it should be voided if I enter service menu) I suppose they cannot take it from me when the only way I can fix it is by contacting the jerks that only do their job for the money, and not to help people. I now have to drive an hour with my TV wiggling in the back of my car, to the people that probably won't do anything more than replace the whole TV for their own advantage. I am pissed (as you should totally be able to see). I now have a TV that I do NOT want to even turn on, because I know that in the middle of anything I could do on it, it would shut down and completely destry my experience and make me think of the guys that doesn't do their job.

If any of you waaay smarter guys at samygo could give me any advice I would totally appreciate it. I am on the latest firmware for my TV (1032 currently) if that information may help in any way. Are there anyone here with the same model? (if you have a model ending with 5700) would you be so kind to enter the service menu and send me pictures/text of all default settings, so that I might try reverting it all back/setting it to what it should have been before the jerks over at the service center screwed up my TV, I would greatly appreciate :D

Thanks in advance.

Please answer to this post even if you don't have any specific tips or tricks that could help. Just knowing someone actually are reading this would help me. or else I'll surely move to another forum where there is more help to get.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

believe me, all topics are monitored.

try to disable watchdog in service menu.
control - sub option -warchdog -off.

http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/The_Se ... _Structure
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
whitehooder

Post by whitehooder »

Sadly I just sendt my TV back to the guys at the service center, again, hoping to get a new TV since they probably can't fix it. If turning of the watchdog would work, how and why would it? Do you have any brief explanation of why it might help or is it just a normal debugging method?

Return to “[E] Support”