Wireless Headphones

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

quasimodoz
SamyGO Project Donor

Wireless Headphones

Post by quasimodoz »

From quickly reading a Tablet/TV Apps I got the impression, that the TV has Bluetooth on board. If this is true, is there any way to get the sound via this (or any other wireless) method to a headphone?
UA40-ES8090S
BD-E8900
DA-F61
erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: Wireless Headphones

Post by erdem_ua »

Probably. Also D series has Bluetooth onboard and looks like supporting Bluetooth audio profiles after some Service Menu changes but I don't experiment it via BT headphones.
quasimodoz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by quasimodoz »

I'm lost!

When I call the service menu| SVC I can see the following items:

BT_ON_OFF ON
BTADRESS xyz...
BT_UPGRADE
BT_AUDIO_ON_OFF ON
BT_FREEPARING ON

So there seems to be an adequate BT profile (Audio ON), but I cannot find any switch or actuator to pair the TV with a BT Headset (which is working perfectly on my Samsung Note).

Any hint?
UA40-ES8090S
BD-E8900
DA-F61
maxprasak

Post by maxprasak »

I don't know how D-series, but my E-series TV do auto-pairing automaticaly when BT audio connection required ... I see it via my SGS2.

So E-series TV have BT with BT-audio profile and BT is set to autopair by default.
But I don't have any BT headphones (with autopair support) for test ... :(
UE46ES7000 - Panel: 46A2UF0E Firmware: T-ECPDEUC-1003.0 Kernel: 0080.0700 Onboot: 0053 Camera: 3.69 Bluetooth: 1.2.14.482
Galaxy S II - Android 2.3.5 - AllShare: 2.0.0 Samsung Remote: 2.2.5 Samsung Smart View: 3.1.6
hotair83

Post by hotair83 »

i have BT headphones SL3100. I tested the headphones but they did not detect. Searched only the keyboard and mouse BT. TV UE32ES6100W
UE32ES6100W
quasimodoz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by quasimodoz »

Some weeks ago Samsung announced some wireless audio docs e.g. the DA-E550. As far as I have seen from the online-manual, the connection is dome via BT. If the audio docs connect to the TV via BT, than it must be possible for BT-Headphones too. But what kind of headphones? Anybody having an idea? Or an idea whom to ask (manufactures of headphones etc.)?
UA40-ES8090S
BD-E8900
DA-F61
quasimodoz
SamyGO Project Donor

SHB9100/00 no go

Post by quasimodoz »

The other day I tested the Philips BT Headphone SHB9100/00 with no success. Seems that Samsung uses a very special BT profil.

Meanwhile I had 3 or 4 requests to the Samsung technical customer service. They are either very incompetent or ignorant. On my question for the BT profile they answered, that the UE40ES8090 does not have BT at all!!!.

Question to the community: Can anybody point me to a site with a Windows or Linux utility where I could record the BT communication between devices, something similar to wireshark for Ethernet communication?
UA40-ES8090S
BD-E8900
DA-F61
mamaich
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by mamaich »

From what I see - TV (at least mine) does not contain BT audio modules at all. And DA-E550 supports only samsung phones/tablets, not TVs.
quasimodoz
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by quasimodoz »

My UE40ES8090:

Menu | System | Device Manager) | SoundShare Settings has two entries: Add New Device (set to ON) and Samsung Audio Device List

A copy from the Samsung TV & Wireless Audio with Dock Pairing Guide (SoundShare):

3. How to Connect TV and Wireless Audio with Dock
[1] Turn on the TV and Wireless Audio with Dock.
[2] TV menu ; System ; Device manager ; SoundShare Settings ; Add New Device ;
Switch the option to 'On' from 'Off'
[3] Switch the Function of Wireless Audio with Dock to TV mode.
[4] The message asking whether to proceed the Bluetooth connection is displayed.
Then, Select ?YES? on the screen.
UA40-ES8090S
BD-E8900
DA-F61
mamaich
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by mamaich »

Hmm, the same menu on my TV. I was looking for some .so or .ko files, like on desktop.
Now I've searched for the "a2dp" string in the ROM dump - it is present in file \mtd_exe\BT_LIB\bsa_server. So, you are right - bt audio support is possible.

Return to “[E] Brainstorm”