Fallback shell access if exeDSP can't start

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

leromarinvit2

Fallback shell access if exeDSP can't start

Post by leromarinvit2 »

Hi,

I'm planning to mess around with exeDSP a little, e.g. to see if I can disable PVR encryption. However, since exeDSP normally brings up the network interfaces, any mistake would lead to a bricked TV. So the first step must be to enable some kind of fallback shell access. My goal is to configure eth0 and start a netcat shell server.

I can load the ethernet kernel module and bring up the interface in my boot script (started fom /mtd_rwarea/start.sh) and the TV responds to ping and can ping other machines. However, netcat doesn't work at all, neither incoming nor outgoing connections. For outgoing connections, connect() hangs forever, while in server mode, accept() simply never returns when another machine tries to connect. This is the same busybox binary that later runs the shell on port 1023 just fine. It's statically linked, so it can't be a library issue. Both netcat commands work properly if I call them from a regular telnet session once exeDSP is running.

Any ideas?

My script:

Code: Select all

insmod /lib/modules/mdrv-emac.ko >insmod.log 2>insmod2.log
ifconfig eth0 192.168.100.222 2>ifconfig2.log >ifconfig.log

route >route.log 2>route2.log
ping -c 4 192.168.100.10 >ping.log 2>ping2.log

./strace -r >nc_server.log 2>strace_server.log /mtd_rwarea/busybox nc -l -l -p 3023 -e /bin/sh &
./strace -r >nc_client.log 2>strace_client.log /mtd_rwarea/busybox nc 192.168.100.10 5555 </proc/mounts

Return to “[E] Brainstorm”