NEW MEMBER AND A NEW BD-E6100 TO HACK

arcadian2002

NEW MEMBER AND A NEW BD-E6100 TO HACK

Post by arcadian2002 »

Hi Guys,
My name is Ian and I am brand new to this great forum, I have a UK region 2, BD-E6100 that i would like to make region free, for no other reason than I would like to attempt the challenge, I have taken the time to read over a few times other threads regarding this matter so may thanks to those that participated in the help and information their in.
I have had a look at the motherboard to see if i could identify a UART header which I have, an image of this header is attached (see below).
PLEASE NOTE,
while i have been able to determine that the pin I have labelled as pin 4 is indeeded ground, pins 1,2,3 all show a 3.1volt output to my multi meter. When I attached my pc's RX to pin3 Rx (NO CROSSOVER) I was able to both see an echo in PuTTY
and watch garbage displayed as the player booted up, I thefore am unsure about the pinouts involved, I would therfore be gratfull if someone could update me on this aspect, at which time I will also make any alterations to the uploaded image of the UART header.

Using a single usb to rs232 TTL Bt boart with a C2102 chip set I was able to connect to the Header but only garbage was brought back to Putty, hyperteminal, and using Netcat in CMD brought back NO DATA.
So I have given up on that device and purchased 2x DKU5 Cables which I first intend to make into a EX-LINK cable in the hope that I can connect via usb ports, if that fails I will attempt the Uart header again using just one of the DKU5 cables.

So that other do not make the same mistake, here is a link the usb board that did not work :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320923619625? ... 1439.l2649

And the DKU5'S, these loaded the Prolific 64bit drivers as soon as they we pluged in, so cheap but fingers crossed looking good can be found here :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350675765388? ... 1439.l2649

Well guys I am taking baby steps here, THEIR ARE ENOUGH BRICKS IN MY HOUSE and would really appreciate any help and answers to my issues as they appear so that one more is not added..

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcadian2002

Re: NEW MEMBER AND A NEW BD-E6100 TO HACK

Post by arcadian2002 »

quick update for those that may be interest in my progress, or the lack of it!!!
I have now tried the DKU5'S as a pair into the usb port i got no response on boot or echo, Ithen tried a single DKU5 cable wires this time attached to a plain usb lead, when this was used i got both an echo and a readout of garbage upon booting the player.
I then tried attaching a single DkU5 to what i believe to be the mainboards UART header, again echo and garbage. These DKU5 cable have only 4 wires red, white, green and purple, both red and white are ground leads, i guess i will have to search for a better cable, can anyone sugest one that will do the job?

oh well another night without progress
Ian..
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

I am interested in. I am digging around. Check private messages.
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

Cheers Greenhorn,
I have sent you a couple of PM's

Ian
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You don`t need PM`s, feel free to talk here :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
arcadian2002

Post by arcadian2002 »

Hi juuso,
I Pm'ed Greenhorn because I have some larger images of the mainboard to share than the forum allows.

Ian
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

you can use www.tinypic.com or other services.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

ok.. no problem juuso.
@arcadian2002
We did some researches with oga83 about this project. "Did you check the circled resistors? Do they have 1 or 2 pads connected? If one of them has only one pad connected, this is a good candidate."
Maybe we are talking about this photo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
E3V3A

Post by E3V3A »

arcadian2002 wrote:... When I attached my pc's RX to pin3 Rx (NO CROSSOVER) I was able to both see an echo in PuTTY
and watch garbage displayed as the player booted up, ... Using a single usb to rs232 TTL Bt boart with a C2102 chip set I was able to connect to the Header but only garbage was brought back to Putty, hyperteminal, and using Netcat in CMD brought back NO DATA.
Hi Ian,
Getting garbage on your Console is a good sign. But from what you write it is not clear what your setup is.
What voltage does your cable operate on?
Have you set the correct baudrate, parity etc?
Have you checked the cable by shorting RxTx and type anything in terminal?

Finally, there have been some indications that console output may have been altered by some algorithm like ROT/XOR etc... But someone else would have to answer that...
HW: UE40ES5700SXXH
FW: T-MST10PDEUC-1029.0 Onboot: 1003
oga83

Post by oga83 »

I'm taking this thread in the middle; here are my thinkings about it :

- I really think that the signals you found on your mobo (pads marked as RX and TX on the first photo) are the console signals :)
- I assume that you have also connected GND ;)
- Please confirm that you have checked that the loopback is working with your new cable (RX-cable connected to TX-cable; you should see what you type with putty); I cannot follow your ebay link about your cable (page forbidden);
- Check that you have +3.3v on your TX-Cable and not 0v (just to make sure that your cable does not have inverted polarity - we've seen it once);
- To begin your tests, only connect GND-cable to GND-mobo and RX-cable to TX-mobo; No need to connect mobo-RX for now; it will minimize the risk of burning anything...
- Use Putty with speed=115200 bds, 8 bits, 1 stop, no parity, no flow control;
- You should see text when you boot your unit; As long as it is not working, it is useless to connect mobo-RX to cable-TX; have this work first.

Return to “Support”