A DTS pass-through idea - could it work?

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

erdem_ua
SamyGO Admin

Re: A DTS pass-through idea - could it work?

Post by erdem_ua »

Hey! It's my idea :) but no one implements to the date.
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

davidhorman wrote:I've been experimenting today, but so far I haven't had any luck. I've just tried muxing a bit of Xvid video with an old DTSWAV file I made years ago, but the receiver only got PCM from the TV. This may be because it was 44.1kHz. I can't find any tool for giving a DTS file a WAV header, and everything I've tried so far has failed - it's not as simple as pasting the bytes from the DTS. When I examined parts of the DTS file and compared to VLC's SPDIF output, the endianness seemed to have changed, but even allowing for that I can't (yet!) seem to make a WAV file containing a DTS stream :(
Just a note to any frustrated non-advanced users: Obviously you could convert your DTS-format .mkv files to AC3/AAC or Stereo with a tool like Popcorn MKV Audioconverter.
It won't solve the DTS passthrough problem but it will allow you to watch your movie files with audio..
aquadran

Post by aquadran »

andbir wrote:
davidhorman wrote:I've been experimenting today, but so far I haven't had any luck. I've just tried muxing a bit of Xvid video with an old DTSWAV file I made years ago, but the receiver only got PCM from the TV. This may be because it was 44.1kHz. I can't find any tool for giving a DTS file a WAV header, and everything I've tried so far has failed - it's not as simple as pasting the bytes from the DTS. When I examined parts of the DTS file and compared to VLC's SPDIF output, the endianness seemed to have changed, but even allowing for that I can't (yet!) seem to make a WAV file containing a DTS stream :(
Just a note to any frustrated non-advanced users: Obviously you could convert your DTS-format .mkv files to AC3/AAC or Stereo with a tool like Popcorn MKV Audioconverter.
It won't solve the DTS passthrough problem but it will allow you to watch your movie files with audio..
there is also easy to use script too http://github.com/JakeWharton/mkvdts2ac3/ :)

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”