Setting up a cross compiling toolchain

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

marcelru
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Setting up a cross compiling toolchain

Post by marcelru »

i have problem by compile the gcc stage. on ubuntu . crtbegin.c can not find -mcpu=arm1136jf-s. can somebody help me?

mfg
easy2003
Hi easy2003,

I'm not sure if I can help (I don't have an ubuntu box at hand) but could you be more specific?
At what stage do you get the error? what is the error message? is it reproducible? On what kind of machine are you building? with which tools?

From the little information you give I think you get the error in building gcc stage 1. At this point glibc for arm is not yet available, so crtbegin will be hard to find. Please check whether the patching of the gcc-source tree was successful. The patch prevents the use of crtbegin at gcc building stage 1.
The scripts are a bit dodgy, in the sense that cleanup after repeated execution is not working. So, if you decide to repeat the installation of the sources, remove the previous installation and start again from scratch.

People have had had problems with building the toolchain on ubuntu before, see previous posts in this thread, again, if it's an ubuntu-specific problem, I'm afraid I can't help you.

grtz,

marcelr

Return to “[B] Brainstorm”