App Location Settings F-Series

General forum talking area for F series TVs.

c0mpufreak

App Location Settings F-Series

Post by c0mpufreak »

Hi Guys,

sorry if this is not the right forum to post this but I'm desperate and searching for like minded people.
Does anybody have any idea how (if?) the location for downloading apps from other countries can be set (the old ff 289 rr trick doesn't work). I hope somebody smarter than me figured this out :-)

Thanks in advance!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: App Location Settings F-Series

Post by juusso »

What tv set do you have?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
c0mpufreak

Post by c0mpufreak »

Hi,

it's the UE46F7090 - just realized that this is quite new. Amazon didn't even list it :D
Feuerbard

Post by Feuerbard »

old service remote or ir diode trick working on new F series ???
c0mpufreak

Post by c0mpufreak »

Sorry, new to this and thus now idea what you're talking about, if you elaborate I'll gladly try.
jtboldon

Post by jtboldon »

Hi,
I too would like to know how to change the Smart Hub Application Country settings, since the old FF289RW sequence does not work.
I have the UE46F6470 and like all the new models, it has the brand new Smart Hub

If you want to see what the new smart hub looks like on the F-Series, there is an article here
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs/1296 ... -smart-tvs
and here is an extract out of the manual
Smart Hub is the core of Samsung Smart TV. It turns the TV into a multi-purpose entertainment centre.
With Smart Hub, viewers can surf the web, download applications, and stay in touch with family and
friends through social networking services. In addition, you can enjoy Photos, Videos & Music files
stored on external storage devices.
Press to launch Smart Hub. Choose a service using the icons displayed in the top part of the
screen.
?? Social
Watch the latest YouTube videos and you and your friends' video posts on Facebook and Twitter.
You can also make video calls to friends by the TV camera (sold separately).
?? Apps
Samsung Apps offers an extensive collection of free and paid news, sports, weather, and gaming
content you can directly download to and enjoy on your TV.
?? On TV
(Depending on the Country)
Check a listing of programmes that are currently airing and are scheduled to aerial and watch
recorded TV programmes.
?? Films and TV Shows
(Depending on the Country)
Purchase and watch movies and TV shows without the need for a separate external device.
?? Photos, Videos & Music
Play back Photos, Videos & Music files from an external storage device or watch recorded
videos.
Use >> or << to change the Smart Hub screens.
Since FF and RW are used to change the Smart Hub screens, the old FF289RW sequence for changing the App country is not going to work. Either there is another sequence, or it is done in some in some other way, or it is not possible.
ovbg

Post by ovbg »

Has there been any update here, regarding if anyone knows how to change the country app store for the new F series?
ijhammo

Post by ijhammo »

I am also in desperate need of this. I am about to buy an F7000 in the UK to use in the Netherlands (working there for a couple of years but will be going back to the UK) so i need to be able to change this

Annoyingly the Tuner is set to the country specific models so I cant use a UK version for local cable channels in the Netherlands :x
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Guys, you should try known methods to activate extended service menu and check possible combinations of factory, 3speed and info keys.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ijhammo

Post by ijhammo »

I will have a play with this and see what I can find. Although, its a bit of a risk dropping ?1200 on a TV to find out I cant swap the region....

Return to “[F] General”