F7090 On/off/on sync with Sony AV-Receiver

General forum talking area for F series TVs.

pram2000
SamyGO Project Donor

F7090 On/off/on sync with Sony AV-Receiver

Post by pram2000 »

Hello,

I've a F7090 TV and a Sony STR-DB930 AV-Receiver. The IR-Blaster is connected to the TV and in front of the AV-Reveiver and configured in the remote-IR setup menu.
Volume control works fine and also power-off.

But when I power on the TV, it seems that the TV sends 3 times the power-button via IR to the receiver => The receiver does an annoying on-off-on cycle.

Has anyone noticed the same behaviour?
(I also tried some different Sony-IR-Codes by entering a different model number in IR setup, but all codes I've found till now that work do the same on-off-on sequence when powering on)

Best regards
Roland
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: F7090 On/off/on sync with Sony AV-Receiver

Post by juusso »

Hi,

i think you should explane a little bit more about your IR-blaster system you use. Personally i haven`t understood - is IR blaster a part of AV receiver? separate tool you bough? Or (maybe, i don`t know) it goes together with F series TV in your country?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
pram2000
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by pram2000 »

The F7090 has an IR Out port (3,5mm Mono jack) where the IR Blaster is connected: http://www.avforums.com/reviews/include ... laster.jpg
The F series IR Blaster is fully passive and contains only a IR LED. I do _NOT_ have the E series IR blaster which is connected via bluetooth.

(picture taken from here: http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Samsung ... eview.html)

In Menu->System->Device Manager->Universal remote setup
I added my AV-Receiver as Home Theater System and enabled "Sync with TV power"

In Menu->Sound->Speaker settings
i selected external speaker so that I can use the volume keys from the TV remote to control the volume of the AV receiver (IR signal is received by the TV and retransmitted via IR blaster to do a volume up or down on the AV receiver)

On/off sync works principally.
when I power off the TV, the receiver goes off (on/off key is sent one times)
When I power on the TV the AV receiver goes on, goes off(!) and goes on again. (it seems that the TV sends the on/off signal 3 times.)
The receiver finally is on, but I think it is not good for the hardware if it is powerded on and off multiple times in a short period.
The receiver has a big transformer which leads in a high inrush current and you hear a loud "Brrrr" each time when the receiver poweres on. Also my USV triggers from time to time ;)

Roland

and stays on, so
pram2000
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by pram2000 »

I gave up...
I use a master slave power socket to control my AV-receiver.

The main reason: When I do a scheduled recording, the receiver stays on the next day.
On scheduled recordings, the TV only goes in a standby mode (screen off).
It seems that the power key is only sent at power on and when recording is finished no power key is sent (or the power key is sent at the end of the recording but not on the beginning, didn't investigate that)
so the result is, that the power-state gets out of sync.

@Samsung: :) Is it so difficult to implement to send a "power"-key command ONE TIME when the screen goes on, and send it again when it goes off

Roland
hangulo

Post by hangulo »

Did you ever figure this out ?
I have a UN75F6400 with a similar issue..... my issue is slightly different, it cycles my receiver 10 times

I can turn on and turn off my Pioneer receiver if I use the button (HTS Power) on the samsung virtual remote... that proves that the code used for the universal remote feature is correct.... volume, inputs and all functions work perfectly using the samsung remote and their IR blaster..... but when I try to use the POWER SYNC option in the Samsung TV it only works to power off the TV and Receiver.... when I turn on the TV the Receiver goes on and off 5 times.

I used an infrared camera to see the actual light Pulses sent from the blaster, and sure thing I see 10 pulses over a 5 second period... so ITS NOT the receiver like Samsung told me ( I called support) also I tested this with a Sony receiver... same thing... 10 times.... I think there is a problem in their implementation of " Power On Sync" the codes are right but for some reason when the TV is turned on it sends the command 10 times to the blaster.... it only appears to happen with Sony and Pioneer receivers and only for the POWER ON SYNC function.

I can give you my ticket number if you want to reference it, maybe we can gain some traction for them to fix this in their next software upgrade.
rlgehring

Post by rlgehring »

I am having the same issue as hangulo described but with my onkyo receiver tx sr606 and my UN55F6400. My power cycles about 4-5 times before sometimes remaining on and sometimes switching off. Samsung is trying to blame this on the receiver which is obviously not the issue.

I found a related youtube video of someone with the same issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMZLECsavzI
Samsung is going to give me a call back on my support issue tomorrow afternoon (5/5/2014). I am hoping to have some type of resolution before my tv is out from under warranty in a month.

I did not experience this issue when I first bought the TV. I'm guessing this started 6 or so months ago. Anyone else have a more accurate guess of when this issue started happening to them?
Jbrewer

Post by Jbrewer »

Same issue here with my pioneer receiver. Previously contacted Samsung about this issue and was brushed off saying it was the reciever. It is clearly not the receiver as I can turn it off with the on screen menu without this power cycling. It's like the TV has a loop that it goes through on startup which repeatedly turns on the receiver 20 times to make sure it turns on, although the on and off signals are the same so it ends up cycling the power instead of 20 on signals, the receiver sees 10 repeated on -> off -> on signals.

Similarly, this did not happen when I first bought my UN55F7050 in November of 2013. I don't remember when this started but it was early 2014.

Did you get a response from Samsung?
groomerz

un60f6350 cycles yamaha htr 5540 receiver on off

Post by groomerz »

I am also having this problem tv worked fine for 6 months . now the universal remote feature of my un60f6350 tv is cycling the yamaha htr 5540 receiver on off anywhere between 3 to 6 times when I turn tv on. cable box is fine. Talked to samsung and getting and earfull. I keep telling them it is the tv because receiver turns on correctly with yamaha remote and they say no. What I did notice is up until 3 days ago You would turn tv on , tv would turn cable box on then turn receiver on. now when it is malfunctioning the order is tv on , recever cycles on off a few times and then cable box turns on. order has changed and samsung won't listen to me .
Jbrewer

Post by Jbrewer »

Maybe some progress on this tonight. I was able to get them to report it as internal resource feedback and now have a ticket created!

... after explaining the issue for over an hour...
Jesse: Is there an engineering or software team I can report issues to?
Jesse: Can't you just admit this is a Samsung product defect?
Jesse: That this is not a world class television? Although priced to be.
AA: I am afraid; we do not have reported issues.
Jesse: How would customers report issues then?
AA: I can understand how important this is to you.
Jesse: Or do you not care about market feedback?
AA: Sure, we appreciate your feedback.
Jesse: but not enough to resolve defects?
AA: I will consider you feedback.
AA: Please provide the feedback.
Jesse: where?
AA: We have a survey after the chat,
AA: You can share you feedback and observations,.
AA: Once you close the chat, you can take the survey.
Jesse: The survey is not looked at by a software design team, I can assure you of that.
AA: I will take it as a feedback and submit in our internal resource section.
AA: Is that okay with you?
Jesse: I'd like it elevated as far as is possible.
AA: Sure, I will submit the feedback.
...removed contact details...
AA: I have created a ticket for you, the transaction number is 21288XXXXX. You will receive a email within 2 business days.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Jbrewer wrote:Maybe some progress on this tonight. I was able to get them to report it as internal resource feedback and now have a ticket created!
AA: I have created a ticket for you, the transaction number is 21288XXXXX. You will receive a email within 2 business days.
If I understand correctly you have contacted Samsung? Or was it Sony? My good advice - don't waste your time on contacting Samsung :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[F] General”