UE46F6320 WiFi and Bluetooth On/Off option

General forum talking area for F series TVs.

koozoop

UE46F6320 WiFi and Bluetooth On/Off option

Post by koozoop »

Good evening and Happy New Year!

I own an UE46F6320 tv and I would like to ask if there is an option either through service menu or a custom firmware to enable/disable wifi and bluetooth on demand. I have managed to diasable bluetooth from service menu but each time I go to change the setting it defaults my picture settings. Any help will be appreciated!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE46F6320 WiFi and Bluetooth On/Off option

Post by juusso »

open back panel and unplug wifi and bluetooth modules from mainboard
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
koozoop

Post by koozoop »

Good evening and thank u for your response. I was afraid this would be the only way to do it but I'd still love to use the 3D or WiFi Direct occasionally. Maybe if I install an on/off switch between the cable from the mainboard and the wireless module...
koozoop

Post by koozoop »

??, I've managed to open the back cover and disabled the WiFi module by unplugging the 4 pinned cable. WiFi is now disabled but this is method highly incovenient!
Samsung TV BT&WIFI 002.jpg
The red cable powers the WiFi module (+5.0 volts) so this can be easily solved by using a simple switch on the red cable. But what about the bluetooth module? The bluetooth module has 10pins:
Samsung TV BT&WIFI 006.jpg
I don't know which one powers up the bluetooth module (I couldn't use the multimeter on those pins, too small). So if someone knows which one powers up the bluetooth then by using two switches we can turn on and off WiFi and Bluetooth on demand. These switches can be placed on the small plastic cover at the back of the TV.
Samsung TV BT&WIFI 010.jpg
Does anyone know where can I find spare parts for this TV ? I'm looking for the aforementioned small plastic cover and the cable that connects the WiFi, Bluetooth and IR modules to the mainboard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[F] General”