tasshack wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:42 pm
Initiation delay is caused by TV not the samygo or the library. TV needs some time after booting to begin the smarthub. You can press smart button just after TV is booted and see that smart features are not available at that time too.
Yeah, that's not a problem, I already love how fast it starts up! The issues I was facing were related to the init file not having the right linebreaks
j0hnd03 wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:13 am
Your initial struggle with the init file sounds familiar
Linebreaks I assume
Yes, exactly this. I felt like a total noob when I found out
Interesting that you have no issues using wled. May I know what wled version and hardware / esp you're using? Also how many pixels (as mentioned, flicker only occurs beyond LED 85 with my esp32).
I did some additional tests, with various sources. It turns I'm suffering from the "blink" as well, although it can be hard to spot because it's just 1 frame. It's an occasional BLIP in a completely different color. I've made a video of this.
Playing very smoothly, but with a green blip at 0.06:
And here, while I'm playing an ambilight test video on youtube:
(source of Amibilight test video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u4UzzJZAUg
I'm using a Wemos D1 (ESP8266) with 112 WS2812 LEDs. The PSU is huge, I've used this with my Led matrix helmet and there it caused no issues. Also, the regular WLED animations don't cause any troubles.
- it appears to be occurring less when I lower the brightness of libSambilight by remote to 25%
- disabling auto brightness on WLED doesn't fix it
- disabling white balance correction on WLED doesn't fix it
- disabling all other sync sources and inputs on WLED doesn't fix it
- after about 10 to 15 minutes (haven't timed yet, it seems to be intermittent), it appears the ESP is rebooting. I need to do more testing here to find a pattern.
- when the image on the TV is not moving (for instance, during a closeup in some drama movie or so), the leds turn off after 1 second. Very annoying
Probably because there's no data flow with new information going on.
- using an E-series tv, with the following settings:
Code: Select all
# Required Parameters
# Optional Parameters
I'm fairly certain it has something to do with a value that's not recognized by WLED, maybe some conversion between types or so. I'll check the WLED github and forums to see if someone has similar results.