[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Post by mihd »

aimaim wrote: I had downgraded my F6xxx to T-MST12DEUC 1119.0 as it's the last supported firmware. Then it rebooted as soon as smarthub was started (or crashed when watchdog was off). That was fixed by resetting via service menu. However after that smarthub still wouldn't work as expected. It only showed the browser and it was not possible to set it up in any way. When resetting it via the smart-tv options in the menu it aborted somewhere in the process since it (as it stated) supposedly had not internet connection, which was not the case. Unblocking the samsung adresses in my router and enabling otn support didn't do the trick either.
In that state the samygo widget wouldn't show up either. That is why I eventually upgraded to the latest firmware and used the donor's hack.
I am not sure if I'm right but I got the impression that setting up smarthub from scratch just is not possible on that old a firmware and that this also prevented the skype-replacement-hack from working.
Does your smarthub work properly?
Did you use update.disable ?
If yes, in it problem.
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

mihd wrote: Did you use update.disable ?
If yes, in it problem.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. I had auto update disabled in menu>system>update and otn-support disabled in the service menu at first. I then reenabled both and unblocked the samsung addresses in my router but still couldn't get smarthub to work properly.
Anyway, I'm quite happy with the latest firmware and donor's root. I just thought Zens problem might be of similar nature (not that I could solve it other than using a different firmware and root method ;) ).
Zen

Post by Zen »

OK...
My firmware is also 1119.0 and smarthub works properly. I also a can start any widgets which are shown there.
I also disabled auto update in TV-menu, but did not block samsung adress in router.
noobnoob
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noobnoob »

Hi guys,
I already hat the skype usb root installed but a few days ago it stops working... maybe because skype is obsolete?!
So I tried this method... I followed the guide carefully but with no luck. Maybe my firmware is to new? I have T-MST10PDEUC-2004.1

It would be cool if you can help me to find out what the problem is.
P.S. sorry for my english :(

Thanks
TV: UE46ES6300 - T-MST10PDEUC-2004.1 // SamyGO
fluffi444
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: AW: [App] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Post by fluffi444 »

Read first post and the linked limitations regarding FW versions.
And yes. Your FW is too new.
TV: UE40ES7000 @ UE40ES8090 - T-ECPDEUC-2022.0 // SamyGO
CI+: Unicam EVO 4 with HD+ (HD02) @ Pacific 4.60
NET: Samba: PC
Jimini

Post by Jimini »

Well, maybe not always true. I have successfully installed SamyGo on my UE32ES5700 with FW T-MST10PDEUC-2007.0. (latest available). Works fine.
TV: UE32ES5700 / SamyGO
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

First news. Would mean Samsung re-opened breach closed from 2000.2? mmmh...
You're talking about current method, right?
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Jimini

Post by Jimini »

Yes, I have followed the steps from the first page of this topic.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well, funny, and good to know if confirmed by other users (I won't believe it before :) ), since we're sure it doesn't work on versions from 2000.2 to 2006...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Jimini

Post by Jimini »

I did only one thing differently from the described procedure. In my case no Install SamyGo widget appeared after TV powered on with the USB stick connected. I had to go to Smart Hub - Tools - Install and then the widget installed. Still not visible, but after a TV reboot it finally appeared. Then I installed the Skype widget without any problems. Many thanks to mihd and all involved :-)

Return to “[F] Software”