[ROOT] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] "Skype replacement" root E/F

Post by zoelechat »

Capetanios wrote:"wrong questions" it seems like a riddle :?:
No, it's just that asking "should it be a skype app there ?" is a wrong question, especially now Skype on TV doesn't exist anymore. Anyway, 1st post would tell it if it was expected.
If you can see restore and uninstall apps, it should mean your TV is rooted, so no idea of the "solution" you're looking for :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

Is this the root method with the highest version-boundaries for T-MST12DEUC firmware (< 1120.0) or is there another method (supporting higher firmware versions) which hasn't been made public yet?
(Unfortunately I have no access to the donors' area as donations are currently not accepted.)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

aimaim wrote:Is this the root method with the highest version-boundaries for T-MST12DEUC firmware (< 1120.0) or is there another method (supporting higher firmware versions) which hasn't been made public yet?
(Unfortunately I have no access to the donors' area as donations are currently not accepted.)
You are member for long time :) You could have donated many times :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

sectroyer wrote:
aimaim wrote:Is this the root method with the highest version-boundaries for T-MST12DEUC firmware (< 1120.0) or is there another method (supporting higher firmware versions) which hasn't been made public yet?
You are member for long time :) You could have donated many times :)
Thanks for the advice captain hindsight :roll:
I got the files I needed and will donate as soon as it is possible again.
addicts

Post by addicts »

aimaim wrote:Thanks for the advice captain hindsight :roll:
Did this method work for you ? Everything seems to work fine during the installation (OK is displayed everywhere), widgets are added, but I don't have any ssh or ftp access, I can't do anything with it. What are the needed files you got ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Dude, read at least first line of first post...
1ST POST wrote:[...] for old firmwares, versions boundaries [...]
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

addicts wrote:
aimaim wrote:Thanks for the advice captain hindsight :roll:
Did this method work for you ? Everything seems to work fine during the installation (OK is displayed everywhere), widgets are added, but I don't have any ssh or ftp access, I can't do anything with it. What are the needed files you got ?
I was talking about the files for donor's root for f-series, which are not publicly availible (yet?). It supports the latest firmwares. Once I used donor's root I plan on downgrading and then using this thread's method as I assume it is going to start faster.
keren

Post by keren »

Installs just fine on the UE46ES6300. But I got the same Problem I had with the temp method via the develop account.
30min to 1 hour after starting the TV the network is suddenly gone ("No connection to network") and can't be reconnected. This happens with WiFi and LAN. Turning the TV off and on works. Does anybody have an idea? Copying very large PVR files is a gambling game this way.
[Edit] I used the skype root before this on, is this an issue?

[Update] The TV was on yesterday for 3 hours, network was still working, but I didn't connect to it from the PC. Maybe problems after a certain amount of data or with higher load? I'm trying to save my recordings so I can replace the USB HDD and get the crash after about 10-15 GB of data.
Zen

Post by Zen »

I did exactly what's described under Instructions for F-series

On USB stick, I created a folder InstallSamygo/data (a folder data inside the folder InstallSamygo)
USB Stick plugged after choosing "More Apps".
(I also tried to attached USB before choosing "More Apps")
Nevertheless, no widget "Install SamyGO-F" appears.

Any suggestion?
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

Zen wrote:I did exactly what's described under Instructions for F-series

On USB stick, I created a folder InstallSamygo/data (a folder data inside the folder InstallSamygo)
USB Stick plugged after choosing "More Apps".
(I also tried to attached USB before choosing "More Apps")
Nevertheless, no widget "Install SamyGO-F" appears.

Any suggestion?
I had downgraded my F6xxx to T-MST12DEUC 1119.0 as it's the last supported firmware. Then it rebooted as soon as smarthub was started (or crashed when watchdog was off). That was fixed by resetting via service menu. However after that smarthub still wouldn't work as expected. It only showed the browser and it was not possible to set it up in any way. When resetting it via the smart-tv options in the menu it aborted somewhere in the process since it (as it stated) supposedly had not internet connection, which was not the case. Unblocking the samsung adresses in my router and enabling otn support didn't do the trick either.
In that state the samygo widget wouldn't show up either. That is why I eventually upgraded to the latest firmware and used the donor's hack.
I am not sure if I'm right but I got the impression that setting up smarthub from scratch just is not possible on that old a firmware and that this also prevented the skype-replacement-hack from working.

Does your smarthub work properly?

Return to “[F] Software”