[App] libSambilight E/F/H (MST-only)

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

tasshack
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libSambilight E/F/H (MST-only)

Post by tasshack »

brunogts77 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:07 am I've already tested the LED's with Hyperion and it doesn't work....
If your hardware doesn't work with hyperion, how can you expect it to work with sambilight?
Hardware setup is not the scope of this library. You should check for tutorials about how to connect your leds to arduino and work with hyperion.
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

Doesnt work 😣, any sugestion?
UE42F5570 T-MST12DEUC_1119] [OTN=OFF] [OSCAM=ON]
UE55JU6870 T-HKMDEUC-1480 [OSCAM=ON]
fromul
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by fromul »

brunogts77 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:01 pm Doesnt work 😣, any sugestion?
1) which type of arduino are you using? ....you used the attached sketch, or wrote your own?
2) on which TV...UE42F5570?
3) which type of LED you using? ...WS2812B or other?
UE46H7000 T-MST14DEUC 2130.0 rooted, OSCam r11704, Sambilight preparation in progress
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

Hi, I have an Arduino pro micro, I'm using the attached sketch, I'm using my H-series TV and the LED's used are the ws2812b.
fromul
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by fromul »

brunogts77 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:10 pm Hi, I have an Arduino pro micro, I'm using the attached sketch, I'm using my H-series TV and the LED's used are the ws2812b.
Ok, have you same count of LED´s in Arduino sketch (example my value is 182) and same in file 01_99_Sambilight.init (example my values H_LEDS=59, V_LEDS=32) ? And correct setting of other parameters (again in file 01_99_Sambilight.init):
BOTTOM_GAP=0 (if your stripe begin from bottom TV side)
START_OFFSET=150 (if your stripe begin from bottom right TV side...view of the back power connector)
CLOCKWISE=0 (if your stripe begin from bottom right TV side)

Check it...
UE46H7000 T-MST14DEUC 2130.0 rooted, OSCam r11704, Sambilight preparation in progress
brunogts77

Post by brunogts77 »

Good afternoon. I finally had some time and was able to figure out what the problem was with my sambilight. Apparently the power does not pass to the various LED's. I cut my led strip and used "L" unions for the corners which don't work well! Can anyone suggest me the best method to make the LED's unions since the "L" corners don't work?
fromul
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by fromul »

brunogts77 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:48 pm Good afternoon. I finally had some time and was able to figure out what the problem was with my sambilight. Apparently the power does not pass to the various LED's. I cut my led strip and used "L" unions for the corners which don't work well! Can anyone suggest me the best method to make the LED's unions since the "L" corners don't work?
soldered connections (with wires) are much more reliable...try it ;)
j0hnd03

Post by j0hnd03 »

Got this brilliant lib running using an ESP32 with WLED and APA102 LEDs behind my UE55ES6300 last weekend.
And what can I say... it's absolutely AMAZING what the devs here & especially tasshack managed to bolt onto our ancient TVs - this can only demand complete admiration - KUDOS!!

I do have a few questions as well of course :) looking for feedback:

- What capture freq & size should I be using on E-Series?
- I'm getting intermittent glitches at the end of the signal going to the ESP.. out of my 116 LEDs (37h x 21v, no gap), the last ~37 occasionally flicker in random colors while the others remain accurate (can add a picture if needed). It does not seem to be a physical problem on my installation as the flicker does not occur with other sources & if I configure an offset on WLED, the flicker moves as well. Is this a known issue / are there any recommendations to address it?
- gfx_lib would be awesome, is there anything I could do my end to help getting it to fly on E-Series?
- @tasshack I'd love to donate a few beers for your brilliant work, if you accept donations pls give me a shout :)

full 01_99_Sambilight.init

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
#
# (c) Copyright 1996 - 2021, SamyGO
#
#
. /dtv/SGO.env

##############################################################################################################################################

# Required Parameters
H_LEDS=37;                              # Horizontal leds count (Top Side)
V_LEDS=21;                              # Vertical leds count (Left/Right Side)
BOTTOM_GAP=0;                   # Bottom side gap (Top Size - Bottom Size)
START_OFFSET=95;                # Index of first led (Top Left is zero) (H_LEDS + V_LEDS + (H_LEDS - BOTTOM_GAP / 2))

# Optional Parameters
COLOR_ORDER=RGB;                # Capture color order
CAPTURE_POS=0;                  # Capture starts from bottom (Set to 1 for upside down and dont forget to change color order too)
CLOCKWISE=1;                    # Led order (Set to 0 for anti-clockwise)
BLACK_BORDER=1;                 # Black border detection for automatic profile switching (16:9, 21:9, 4:3, 3:2)
TV_REMOTE=0;                    # Enable control with TV remote buttons (Red, Green, Yellow, Blue)
EXTERNAL=0;                             # On/Off support for remotely connected leds (Handled on USB device)
BAUDRATE=921600;                # USB Serial baudrate (High baudrate is recommended)
GFX_LIB=0;                              # Capture directly from graphics driver resulting +50 FPS and prevents UI from lagging during capture (Experimental! Tested on F)
CAPTURE_FREQ=20;                # Capture frequency in ms, increase this value if your TV having performance issues (Higher the value, lower the refresh rate. Smooting must be handled on USB device)
CAPTURE_SIZE=4;                 # Higher capture size resulting less flickering and more accurate blacks but it affects overall FPS (1=96x54 2=160x90 3=240x135 4=320x180 5=480x270 6=960x540)
OSD_CAPTURE=0;                  # Capture with OSD (Only works with GFX_LIB=1)

# For Testing
TEST_FRAMES=0;                  # For configuration and performance testing (Set to 1 for single-shot mode)
TEST_PROFILE=0;                 # Profile index for testing (Only for single-shot mode)
TEST_PATTERN=0;                 # Display test pattern for selected profile (Only for single-shot mode)
TEST_SAVE_CAPTURE=0;    # Save capture as BMP to /dtv/Sambilight.bmp (Only for single-shot mode)
##############################################################################################################################################

PID=A
if [ $TV_REMOTE -eq 0 ]
then
        PID=T
fi

START_SAMBILIGHT="samyGOso -$PID -B -r -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libSambilight.so H_LEDS:$H_LEDS V_LEDS:$V_LEDS BOTTOM_GAP:$BOTTOM_GAP START_OFFSET:$START_OFFSET BAUDRATE:$BAUDRATE CLOCKWISE:$CLOCKWISE COLOR_ORDER:$COLOR_ORDER CAPTURE_POS:$CAPTURE_POS BLACK_BORDER:$BLACK_BORDER CAPTURE_FREQ:$CAPTURE_FREQ TV_REMOTE:$TV_REMOTE EXTERNAL:$EXTERNAL CAPTURE_SIZE:$CAPTURE_SIZE OSD_CAPTURE:$OSD_CAPTURE GFX_LIB:$GFX_LIB TEST_FRAMES:$TEST_FRAMES TEST_PROFILE:$TEST_PROFILE TEST_PATTERN:$TEST_PATTERN TEST_SAVE_CAPTURE:$TEST_SAVE_CAPTURE";

case $1 in
        start)
        $START_SAMBILIGHT
        ;;
        stop)
        ;;
        status)
        echo "No status info"
        ;;
        *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|status}" 1>&2
        exit 0
        ;;
esac

tasshack
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tasshack »

j0hnd03 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:43 pm Got this brilliant lib running using an ESP32 with WLED and APA102 LEDs behind my UE55ES6300 last weekend.
And what can I say... it's absolutely AMAZING what the devs here & especially tasshack managed to bolt onto our ancient TVs - this can only demand complete admiration - KUDOS!!
I am glad you like it, it is a whole new experience on TV. I have just released a new version and it contains some important improvements for E series, you should update your library.
j0hnd03 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:43 pm - What capture freq & size should I be using on E-Series?
Since E series has lower hardware specs than F/H, you need to decrease the capture size and increase the capture freq to get higher FPS. You can set TEST_FRAMES=100 from init file to check what FPS you are getting from log file (You may need to wait a minute or two before getting the actual result). I recommend CAPTURE_FREQ=40 or 30 and CAPTURE_SIZE=2 or 3.
j0hnd03 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:43 pm - I'm getting intermittent glitches at the end of the signal going to the ESP.. out of my 116 LEDs (37h x 21v, no gap), the last ~37 occasionally flicker in random colors while the others remain accurate (can add a picture if needed). It does not seem to be a physical problem on my installation as the flicker does not occur with other sources & if I configure an offset on WLED, the flicker moves as well. Is this a known issue / are there any recommendations to address it?
Flickering usually caused by hardware. If you are using thin cables between led strips, high current can not pass properly and that causes voltage drop at the and of the leds. At low voltages leds can not work properly and flicker. You can check the voltage of the last led with a multimeter while all leds are white or close to white color, voltage should not be lower than 4v. Also WLED has internal current limiting feature but i don't know it is active while serial communication.
I have never tested the library with WLED and there may be a compatibility issue with sambilight that causes leds to flicker. Can you test your hardware with the sambilight-arduino.ino and check the flickering still exists or not?
I think WLED expects constant communication from serial to stay on ambient lighting mode but sambilight doesn't send any message from serial if led colors are not changed. I think i may need to add a parameter for disabling this feature to use sambilight with WLED.
j0hnd03 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:43 pm - gfx_lib would be awesome, is there anything I could do my end to help getting it to fly on E-Series?
I have just released a new version for supporting GFX_LIB on E series. You can download the new version from first post.
j0hnd03 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:43 pm - @tasshack I'd love to donate a few beers for your brilliant work, if you accept donations pls give me a shout :)
Much appreciated, please check the first post.
j0hnd03

Post by j0hnd03 »

Thx again, I tested the new version these days - w/o issues and the performance benefit is noticable on E.
Haven't really compared with TEST_FRAMES on the previous build, but on the new version I'm getting solid 25fps (GFX_LIB=1; CAPTURE_SIZE=2), which is more than I hoped for 8-)

I strongly recommend you to give WLED a spin, imo it's yet another brilliant example of a group of individuals investing their free time to build something absolutely genius to share with the community. Also (My personal flicker issue aside) it integrates perfectly with libSambilight - i.e. LEDs are showing WLED effects when TV is off and automatically switch to Adalight input when its received. And in both cases you have full direct control of the ESP with a lot of features via web GUI.

Rgd. Flicker:
- I agree it's extremely unlikely to be directly libSambilight-caused and might have electrical reasons
- However, its definitely not voltage on the strip... because
a) The flicker occurs regardless of position on the strip (as mentioned you can set offsets on WLED; I managed to move the flicker from end of the strip to beginning of the strip that way)
b) WLED can display a preview of the strip via GUI - and the flicker is noticable on the web preview as well.

On your remarks rgd. input timeout / current limiting by WLED: Both are configurable / deactivatable on WLED, and I deactivated both, but the issue occurrs regardless.

So, imo 2 suspicions..
Either there's an physical issue on the (analogue) connection between TV and ESP via my FTDI, either the FTDI itself or some magic like ground loop etc.
Or like you say, WLED has some bug in that area. Looking at WLED code, this might make some sense. I'm not a great programmer but comparing WLEDs serial code with your ino sketch shows it has a bit more complexity at that end as WLED integrates TPM2 & has outbound serial functionality as well which might overlap. Also, the behavior I'm seeing could make sense considering WLEDs flow (see below) -> the pixels with wrong color seem to be displaying the "complementary" color to the one they should be displaying, i.e. most of the times red is displayed where it should be green. In addition, I could not manage to use WLEDs latest build as that crashes the ESP in conjunction with Adalight in (I'm using a modified version of 0.13.0-b6 instead).

https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/blob ... serial.cpp

I dont have a ESP8266 to test at the moment, only ESP32s, and the one I'm using here is nicely installed behind my TV. But I'll keep digging and report back. For now I'm out to enjoy the unusual, almost "Istanbulish" weather in Germany ;)

Return to “[F] Software”