[Ended] SamyGO Extensions on F series

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: SamyGO Extensions on F series

Post by juusso »

simple windows sharing?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

@juuso
(or anybody who knows :) )

Btw, do you know why when we use Netbios names instead of IPs as SERVER in Samba.init script, mount fails due to "invalid argument"? Each folder on server is well found and mounted but empty:

Code: Select all

mount: mounting //I3C3220/Ftp on /dtv/usb/sdj/I3C3220/Ftp failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting //I3C3220/Torrent on /dtv/usb/sdj/I3C3220/Torrent failed: Invalid argument
As a kludge, I'm now renaming each mounted IP to corresponding netbios name at the end of script and it works perfectly:

mv /dtv/usb/sdj/192.168.1.3 /dtv/usb/sdj/I3C3220
But I'd prefer to use netbios names directly...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
bcom

Post by bcom »

windows7/8 may require the smb's version downgrade http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2696547 in case of incomparability with a tv.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

@zoelechat
what about pinging your netbios name (only one ping), capturing the output of ping and filter for the corresponding ip?
i think it takes some time after boot until netbios names are being resolved
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

@beatfreak
Thanks for your answer. It couldn't be related to netbios names not being resolved yet, since all folders inside shares were retrieved but mounted empty...

I found the solution! I noticed mounting manually through telnet using directly netbios names worked. But not through startup script.
So I've just modified a script line in do_mount() function to use SamyGo's integrated busybox instead of TV one for mounting. Simply changed by adding $SYSROOT :

/bin/busybox mount -o "${M_OPTS}" -t cifs "//$1/$i" "$M_POINT"
to:

$SYSROOT/bin/busybox mount -o "${M_OPTS}" -t cifs "//$1/$i" "$M_POINT"
I've not enough scripting/linux skill to explain why but it works perfectly now using netbios names as SERVER (and still works with IPs of course). Probably different busyboxes have different abilities (I'm even sure of that :) )
Anyway, no more "invalid argument" errors and everything is mounted as expected.

In any case, it seems more coherent to me to use SamyGo's own busybox... juuso? :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

yes, we ship two busyboxes, just needed to know it is worth to switch to. Will fix scripts in next release.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
danix

Post by danix »

First I?d like to thank you for awesome job. I have one question. I have a TV UE40F6500 firmware 1113, samba works good but the subtitles don?t work (I see a file of the subtitles *srt in total commander but when I run a film I don?t see them). :roll:
BorisAU

Post by BorisAU »

for ue46f6330 with December 2013 firmware
it is impossible to install the widget through real estate development account under this instruction
http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Instal ... s_F-Series

The bottom line is that there is no opportunity to enter the password when you enter the login develop.

Password input field is only active if you type in the login email ( @ data )

When entering first with @ and then enter the password and login before you attempt to change the connection, the password field is automatically reset .

Failed to start FTP and telnet only this assembly
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7066&p=51259&hilit=root # p51259
but there is nothing more

SAMBA need reading from the local network is there a separate module for installation? ?

whether you can get the content samyext4.img - in an easy to understand way? ?
Last edited by BorisAU on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
F8000 root :)
BorisAU

Post by BorisAU »

img unpacked with the aid ext2explore-2.2.71)) can somebody tell me how to tear that comes with Samba client and how to install??

Everything turned out to establish a stable set
+ Is not necessary to enter a password to log in to develop
F8000 root :)
epro09

Post by epro09 »

Can't mount my local samba share based on an Ubuntu server! Virtual USB shows SMB and it is empty. Please help me to configure it properly.

Return to “[F] Software”