Fixing SamyGO telnet/SSH/SCP/bash on C/D/E/F series

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Fixing SamyGO telnet/SSH/SCP/bash on C/D/E/F series

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:On which TV model were you testing it?
E-series, very similar to yours IIRC (UE40ES6540)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
sectroyer wrote:On which TV model were you testing it?
E-series, very similar to yours IIRC (UE40ES6540)
For e series you use different method, not the attached archive. This archive is only for C :) For E read whole thread :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:For e series you use different method, not the attached archive. This archive is only for C :) For E read whole thread :)
That's exactly what I've done ;)
I downloaded archive just to catch dropbear and scp :)
Anyway, as I told everything works fine now, I just wonder where's the best (safest?) place to launch dropbear...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
sectroyer wrote:For e series you use different method, not the attached archive. This archive is only for C :) For E read whole thread :)
That's exactly what I've done ;)
I downloaded archive just to catch dropbear and scp :)
Anyway, as I told everything works fine now, I just wonder where's the best (safest?) place to launch dropbear...
You definitely read something wrong since you tried using rcEXT which is wrong by default... :) On E i only changed two files so your definitely dooing a lot of things wrong :D I am not sure how much you have messed up your extensions at the moment :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

I have updated my E post with the info about scp/dbclient. For SSH you use samygo's SSH init script :) Nevertheless you already should have colors, etc working :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Not a problem to revert, and probably not needed since everything (old and new) works as expected. :)
Sorry but reading again whole topic, I see title "C/D/E/F" and I can't read "do this on E" anywhere ;)

[...]
Yeah, I've disabled ssh.init script a long time ago, I didn't remember. So we can say that C procedure works on E :mrgreen:

edit: and I didn't have colors before...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Not a problem to revert, and probably not needed since everything (old and new) works as expected. :)
Sorry but reading again whole topic, I see title "C/D/E/F" and I can't read "do this on E" anywhere ;)
"FOR E SERIES YOU HAVE TO DO THIS" added :)
zoelechat wrote: [...]
Yeah, I've disabled ssh.init script a long time ago, I didn't remember. So we can say that C procedure works on E :mrgreen:

edit: and I didn't have colors before...
No you don't understand. You SHOULD HAVE ssh.init ENABLED to get ssh, scp, etc working :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:No you don't understand. You SHOULD HAVE ssh.init ENABLED to get ssh, scp, etc working :)
Yes I understand, now I have scp/ssh working WITHOUT ssh.init script enabled :D
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
sectroyer wrote:No you don't understand. You SHOULD HAVE ssh.init ENABLED to get ssh, scp, etc working :)
Yes I understand, now I have scp/ssh working WITHOUT ssh.init script enabled :D
Then you really messed everything up ;) What about the colors?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I also have colors I didn't have before :)
I've just lost telnet on port 1023, probably due to "killall telnetd" in telnet daemon, is that part needed on E? :mrgreen:

edit: ok, the answer is no. That's finally the only part I've messed up, nothing dramatic ;)

Return to “[F] Software”