[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

ABID
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by ABID »

Hi, I have Samsung F Series TV, UE46F6670, Which i rooted using this method, can you please advise how can i access network drive (i plugged hdd into my router), after rooting TV it shows vit. usb in source list, can someone please help how to mount the network attached hdd this virtual usb. many thanks
noahjoseph
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noahjoseph »

Does the Root still work on the newest firmware Update (2023.0) ? Anyone tested out?
danielgrant007

Post by danielgrant007 »

hello,

is there something i can check or test in order to get it work? still have only the first three lines ok the rest red and nok.

thanks
david
fluffi444
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by fluffi444 »

noahjoseph wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 pm Does the Root still work on the newest firmware Update (2023.0) ? Anyone tested out?
Good point. Untill now I didn't even know that there is one :-). Running 2022 and root works (with non-usb "skype replacement" mihd version).

But I would follow the simple and often mentionen rule: Do not upgrade firmware!
I did the 2022 update years ago only because of network issues that days. If I remember correcrtly older FW prevent smart hub working correctly with famous "ERROR_MODEL_BIND" message.

Especially for our old rigs I don't belive that there are "improvements" (were there ever? :mrgreen: ) - Only new limitations are introduced imho.
But who knows as we never get any changelogs from samsung...
TV: UE40ES7000 @ UE40ES8090 - T-ECPDEUC-2022.0 // SamyGO
CI+: Unicam EVO 4 with HD+ (HD02) @ Pacific 4.60
NET: Samba: PC
OddbOd

Post by OddbOd »

I can also confirm that root is still working fine on recent firmware.

Just make sure you follow the instructions precisely and pay attention to the the "tricks" mentioned by Sectroyer under the Preliminaries section. It didn't work first try on my F series running T-MST12UABC-2142.0 but after a couple of attempts the widget showed up in SmartHub and installed just fine.

Just to be clear - I AM NOT RECOMMENDING UPGRADING YOUR FIRMWARE, EVER - however there is a difference between root doesn't work on new firmware and SamyGO developers will not help if you choose to try.
Grafhkgb
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Grafhkgb »

Hello,
my TV have make many problem...restarts ans so on...then I have reset the TV and install samygo root again. The TV have only network but with otn block.

After I activate the samygo autostart the TV say on the start that he has no internet connection...
Has anyone a solution?

The problem is only when the I activate the autostart on the smart settings...when I use the "samygo autostart" widget on the smarthub everything works...

The TV is a 8090 with fimrware 1135

My blocked Links:
msecnd.net
samsungotn.net
www.samsungotn.net
test.samsungotn.net
google-analytics.com
googlesyndication.com
adservices.google.com
googleadservices.com
quantserve.com
scorecardresearch.com
revsci.net
doubleclick.net
https://osb-apps.samsungqbe.com

PS: After I reset the TV and the smarthub everything works fine!
wluczykijwf
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by wluczykijwf »

Hi all.
The F8000 TV with fimrware 1136 was rooted, but on this version donsn't work RunWidgt app with OnlineTV.
The RunWidget app with OnlineTV freeze TV if Watchdog state is off or restatart tv is Watchdog state is on.

[edit]
After some tests i think that is the RunWidget with OnlineTV app problem only.
The update firmware change SmartHub menu access, and ticker app works different as before update.
The freeze TV problem fix when changed ID:OnlineTV to ID:TVComm in libRunWidget.sh file post by xmucio.
But OnlineTV after update firmware works different.

Perhaps there are new possibilities for the OnlineTV app after the update, but I haven't explored it yet :lol:
sorry for my english
UE40F8000 (T-FXPDEUC-1136.0), BD-D5500
derekct81
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by derekct81 »

Good evening, for a couple of days the root has not started. I start samygo as always from the app keeping the usb key always connected to the tv but it can no longer connect despite telling me that the process was successful. what do I have to do?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

Check the USB and verify it is not corrupted. Otherwise you have to root again.
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
derekct81
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by derekct81 »

miazza wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:17 pm Check the USB and verify it is not corrupted. Otherwise you have to root again.
Hello my friend. How are you? I send you a pm. ;) I would speak in italian but we can't here. Only pm

Return to “[F] Software”