[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Markus
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by Markus »

Hi,
what means "reboot" TV. Is it enough shut off/on with IR Commander?

regards
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Markus wrote:what means "reboot" TV. Is it enough shut off/on with IR Commander?
That's exactly what it means :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
paleee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by paleee »

Hello Everyone,

Have anyone experienced reboots with samygo flash stick?
Having an F series TV, UE40F6200AW, firmware T-MST12DEUC-2102.2; T-MST12DEUS-1009. (From service menu), update domains are blocked on router. Using samygo for its virtual usb feature --> connecting to a Linux box working as a NAS, with an ordinary CIFS share.

Using samygo since 8th august, my only problem was an USB drive failure, but the drive was an old one, after a replacement one, it worked flawlessly - until yesterday evening, when TV rebooted itself unexpectedly. I thought it was some random failure, but today evening, it started rebooting itself again and again. There are a 3-5 minutes gap between reboots. If I unplug the flash drive and reboot the tv (or I wait for it reboot), the problem disappears. Tried to replace the drive, with no luck, after 3-5 minutes, the TV reboots. :(

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Disable Watchdog in Service menu :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

paleee wrote:Hello Everyone,

Have anyone experienced reboots with samygo flash stick?
Having an F series TV, UE40F6200AW, firmware T-MST12DEUC-2102.2; T-MST12DEUS-1009. (From service menu), update domains are blocked on router. Using samygo for its virtual usb feature --> connecting to a Linux box working as a NAS, with an ordinary CIFS share.

Using samygo since 8th august, my only problem was an USB drive failure, but the drive was an old one, after a replacement one, it worked flawlessly - until yesterday evening, when TV rebooted itself unexpectedly. I thought it was some random failure, but today evening, it started rebooting itself again and again. There are a 3-5 minutes gap between reboots. If I unplug the flash drive and reboot the tv (or I wait for it reboot), the problem disappears. Tried to replace the drive, with no luck, after 3-5 minutes, the TV reboots. :(

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
It happened to me also when the Virtual USB window was appearing the TV started rebooting... it happened quite frequently in the last months...
I disabled several init that are useless to me and the problem disappeared...
Which inits do you have active ?
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
paleee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by paleee »

zoelechat wrote:Disable Watchdog in Service menu :)
miazza wrote:Which inits do you have active ?
Hey guys, thanks for the reply! I'll check both as I got home and will post the results! ;)

Firstly I disabled watchdog, and it worked, reboots gone. :)

Secondly, checked the inits, currently these ones are active:
01_01_catch_crap.init
01_02_telnet.init
02_04_vusb.init
02_06_crypto_load.init
03_01_fuse.init
04_04_samba.init
06_05_apache.init
06_05_samba-server.init
99_99_ChannInfoON.init
99_99_InfoBannerDuration.init
99_99_PVRAnyDev.init
99_99_SleepTimer.init
paleee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by paleee »

Hello guys, just a little update: after disabling watchdog everything seemed fine, but the TV became very slow and weird. It took to swich off around 1 minute from pressing the power button to the actual switching process (hearing the 'click' and seeing the red standby led). When I switched it back, everything seemed normal until I tried to playback anything from USB or Virtual USB, because it was miserably slow, took 30 seconds to change a folder or browse my nas content. Finally I factory resetted the TV, re-applyed SamyGO, and now its working as it should be.

Do you have any idea what happened? My theory is that something ate up the free space on the TV's internal storage, although I didn't checked it before the factory reset.
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

No idea what happened. Sometime consequent injection causes this issue.
If it happens again I suggest to disable the followings and try to enable them one by one:

Code: Select all

06_05_apache.init
99_99_ChannInfoON.init
99_99_InfoBannerDuration.init
99_99_PVRAnyDev.init
99_99_SleepTimer.init
It might to be worth to add some sleep on any of the above init.
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
paleee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by paleee »

miazza wrote:No idea what happened.
Thanks for the tip! The TV was also slow without the SamyGo USB, so this is why I decided to factory reset. However I'll disable the inits you mentioned as I don't use them at all. :)
Arkan47
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Arkan47 »

Hi Guys. I need some help. I have samsung UE46F6500 smart tv with T-MST12DEUC-2103.4 FW. I manage to get root access with MST tautorial . I have FTP - Tellnet - access everthing is fine about root access But :
1) my tv is enter restart loop every 2 min. I read the post from other members and disable watchdog. Then the restart loop is gone and my tv is unresponsive from my remote controler and i need to uplug from power to turn off.
My steps :
1) reset smart hub and install again -> same result
2) factory reset and istall again -> nope
3) format usb to FAT32 and istall again -> nothing
4) I change usb port but nothing
If unplug the usb the tv works fine but if its connect then freezes.
Thank you.

p.s. Should I downgrade to lower FW ?
Samsung UE46F6500 with T-MST12DEUC-1119 [2103.4->1119] Rooted with :
1)HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough 2)Online Tv 3)Font Size Color Patch for F series 4)PIPonTV 5)HideSource 6)libToolsMenu 7)Adblock :D :D :D 8)libFactory 9)libScreenShot 10)SamyGO PVRAnyDev

Return to “[F] Software”