[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by zoelechat »

Well I'm not expert but I assume because firmware can't be modified is a sufficient reason...
Anyway now you have "permanent" root, it just takes 30seconds to start. Any device has a boot time. :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
RusselCrowe67
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by RusselCrowe67 »

Hello,

I am just able to see this thread since yesterday and I am totally astonished about its length.
I try to read a lot but to be honest I am lost in 209 pages.

What I am looking for are a few answers to questions regarding the donate rooting vs the widget rooting of my es 8090.

I am already rooted with the widget way and my Skype is not working anymore.
With the donate rooting I would be able to use Skype until June. Is that correct?

As far as I understood I am able to use newer firmware with the donate way but this is a point which sectroyer always mentions should not be done.
But in an other thread there were mentioned that the newer firmware is quicker and the picture would be better. Do anybody heard about that?
I am on 2009. Should I give it a try?
What can I expect when I try to use the donate way in case of my old rooting? Will it crash or will I get a bootloop?

Can anybody give me a link to a howto to repartition my hdd with a tv partion and a new fat partion?

Thanks in advanced,

Russel
Samsung UE46ES8090 2009.2
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

RusselCrowe67 wrote:But in an other thread there were mentioned that the newer firmware is quicker and the picture would be better. Do anybody heard about that?
Absolutely no, only Samsung moles are reporting that. Most common and serious reports are even talking of the contrary.
RusselCrowe67 wrote:I am on 2009. Should I give it a try?
No!
RusselCrowe67 wrote:What can I expect when I try to use the donate way in case of my old rooting? Will it crash or will I get a bootloop?
No, works on all fw. Some problems might occur on T-ECP though (yours, right?)
RusselCrowe67 wrote:Can anybody give me a link to a howto to repartition my hdd with a tv partion and a new fat partion?
A 1Gb FAT partition is largely enough. Nothing special about it, just partition "the Google way" :)
RusselCrowe67
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by RusselCrowe67 »

Hello Zoelechat,

thank you very much for your advice and you are right mines is the T-ECP
Samsung UE46ES8090 2009.2
kaydee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kaydee »

can I solve my problem yet? autostart for the?
stefaneagu
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by stefaneagu »

Yesterday I tried to root my f6470 samsung tv with the new donor method and I am blocked in this situation:
I have MST 1120 firmware and I used the suitable method. After using the root app, I end up without samsung account -develop account(is grey now).
My smart hub apps, when accessed, my tv is freezing indefinitely, so I have to unplug the tv, for use it again. After this situation I have reset the smart hub and I end up and without app and Samsung app. I have only web browser.
Can you help me please?
stefaneagu
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by stefaneagu »

I have tried several times to root and somehow by replacing run.sh now it is rooted with all intended services running. Earlier worked only with usb stick plugged. As soon as I unplugged the usb stick the services(ftp, telnet) stop working. This was the main problem when my all apps disappeared(after the smart hub reset) or before that, when launching smart apps ends up freezing the tv . Somehow it's working, at list samygo pvr decoder aplication it is working.
Tnx Erdem.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

USB MUST remain plugged as soon as TV is rooted :)
quintrix
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by quintrix »

What I have to do for uninstall this root method? I have root and normally I just go to smarthub more apps section and uninstall the samygo-widget, however it doesn't appear now.
UE46F7080
UE46D6200
UE40F6500
UE40F6270
UE32F5070
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Unplug USB. Done.
If it's MST you can also delete /mtd_rwcommon/emps/empBrowserCommonPlugin/plugins/libSamyGOrun.so

If you're willing to turn to Skype root, don't forget it will be over in 2 months. Maybe not worth :)

Return to “[F] Software”