[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by miazza »

Which TV model do you have ?
This happens also to me every now and then.

It has surely something to do with the samygo log file that is increasing and increasing.

You shall delete it manually by FTP even if this seems not the final solution.
There is something else that drives this behaviour but I never found it.

On my F8000 I disabled the automatic root widget and I use it only when I really need ... some times it reboots and sometimes it remains stuck ON and I need to unplug from the wall.
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
Riquet065

Post by Riquet065 »

Thank you for the answer.
My Tv is on the signature that's an UE32F6470.
I have deleted by ftp the files/folder in the tv as i told, so normally the root doesn't work but it's the same thing, since yesterday if i plug an usb device the tv reboot after 2-3 minutes. Then i can't record or watch a video, I just have time to save the channels list and and if i unplug the usb device that's ok that doesn't reboot! The problem is really when i let an usb device some minutes!
TV Samsung UE32F6470; Firmware T-MST12DEUC_2126.0
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

Riquet065 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:43 pm Thank you for the answer.
My Tv is on the signature that's an UE32F6470.
I have deleted by ftp the files/folder in the tv as i told, so normally the root doesn't work but it's the same thing, since yesterday if i plug an usb device the tv reboot after 2-3 minutes. Then i can't record or watch a video, I just have time to save the channels list and and if i unplug the usb device that's ok that doesn't reboot! The problem is really when i let an usb device some minutes!
I suggest two things that helped me in the past:
- Factory reset via service menu
- upgrade or downgrade the FW

The last one is the more efficent according to my experience bu requires that TV remains ON for that time.
Riquet065

Post by Riquet065 »

I tried too root again only ftp work but no telnet, and off course rebooting after few minutes with the usb root.
Yes i thank too for upgrade but i have the most recent fimware, so i can't upgrade the same firmware with the network. To downgrade i believe i need to have an usb device and that's dangerous if the tv reboot before the end of the operation!
With the libFWdowngrade.so do you know it i can upgrade the same last firmware on line?
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

Riquet065 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:27 pm I tried too root again only ftp work but no telnet, and off course rebooting after few minutes with the usb root.
Yes i thank too for upgrade but i have the most recent fimware, so i can't upgrade the same firmware with the network. To downgrade i believe i need to have an usb device and that's dangerous if the tv reboot before the end of the operation!
With the libFWdowngrade.so do you know it i can upgrade the same last firmware on line?
If only FTP works and Telent not, this is a clear sinthomous of log file too big.
Delete the log file as soon as FTP is available, this should fix the reboot problem.
Chack this discussion it might help:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=11071

BTW did you disable watchdog ?

Yes, if reboot is behind the corner, do not downgrade, it is too dangerous.

With the libFWdowngrade.so I only tried downgrade with different FW but why should you reinstall the latest one ?
Inslall an early FW by libFWdowngrade.so and, eventually, upgrade again via normal USB.
Riquet065

Post by Riquet065 »

Thank you for your help.

I tried a reset factory in the service menu, the problem is still here.

Yes i distroyed more times:
/mtd_rwcommon/emps/empBrowserCommonPlugin/plugins/libSamyGorun.so
/mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO/rcSGO
/mnt/rcSGO
/mnt/sam.log
/mnt/samygo.log
/dtv/SamyGO_OK
Without those files, then without the root, my TV reboot too with an USB device!
After i install back the root from the beginning more times.
Strange with one USB device a have only sam.log in /mnt/, and with another USB device I have the 3 files RCSGO, sam.log and samygo.log after the installation. With the 2 Usb devices i have only ftp (no telnet) and off course reboot too afer some minutes.

I don't know what is watchlog and where i can find it?

If i became donator to have libFWdowngade.so i would have a problem without telnet to chmod + x the file, and if it was possible to work downgrade i need the root, and to have the root i need an USB device, and with a USB device my TV reboot every 2-3 minutes, too dangerous to downgrade!

I think it's over, i can only use my TV as a monitor :-(!
Riquet065

Post by Riquet065 »

Ok i find about watchdog viewtopic.php?t=471#p4053 i'll try that!
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

Riquet065 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:10 pm Ok i find about watchdog viewtopic.php?t=471#p4053 i'll try that!
If you disable watchdog, TV should not reboot.
Then you can downgrade ... hopefully.
Riquet065

Post by Riquet065 »

Thank you very much miazza for your help, my TV isn't dead!
The problem came from the root, probably a file or some bad files stay in my tv after i detroyed the files i told in previews post!
After I tried to root with a third USB device, this time a had an empty /mnt/ folder! With the 1st a had only sam.log, with the second USB device sam.log and samygo.log but not the rcSGo file or only sometime, i thank i have problems with my files in my PC and in my USB device.
And that was exactly that, they were probably corrupt in the two places, i download back from the site the 3 files SamyGO_data.zip, SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix-USB.zip and samyext4.img.F.zip, i root once more my TV and now all work very good!
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

Happy you've solved ;)

Return to “[F] Software”