[App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

independentarie

Re: [App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Post by independentarie »

Edit. DTS now works perfectly on mine, the only problem i got is that it takes like 30seconds after the tv has started up until i get sound. is this normal?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
setti
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by setti »

alex1897 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:33 am Hi Guys,

I am currently struggling with getting the sound back running on my TV. Since april this year I have flashed my TV and installed FakeEDID and the HDMI passthrough. I have changed nothing, and suddenly I have no sound for my soundbar with ARC. The TV recognizes the external soundbar and I can ajust the sound, but nothing is coming out of the soundbar. I also checked the soundbar with a different TV, no issues.

Here are some Infos, please let me know if you need more logs of something.

Modell: UE50H6470
Softwareversion: T-MST14DEUC-2130.0

Code: Select all

[HDMIpassthru] SamyGO E/F/H libHDMIpassthru v0.1.2 - (c) zoelechat 2015
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym 'g_pAppSpeaker' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_Z33SdVenderAudio_SetHDMI_AC3_Supporti' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] _Z31VenderAudio_SetHDMI_AC3_Supporti [0x6daf80].
[HDMIpassthru] _ZN9TCChannelC2Ev [0xc97118].
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN8TCWindow12GetTVChannelEP9TCChanneli' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN8TCWindow10SetChannelEPK9TCChannelii' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN9TCSpeaker18SetExternalOutModeEii' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN13TCWindowProxy12GetTVChannelEP9TCChanneli' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN13TCWindowProxy10SetChannelEPK9TCChannelii' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN14TCSpeakerProxy18SetExternalOutModeEii' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] *Patched HDMI passthrough support
[HDMIpassthru] SamyGO E/F/H libHDMIpassthru v0.1.2 - (c) zoelechat 2015
[HDMIpassthru] lib_init, Setting force PCM on TV source!
[HDMIpassthru] lib_init, Setting AUTO surround on HDMI!
[HDMIpassthru] lib_init, Enabling DTS support!
[HDMIpassthru] g_pAppSpeaker [0xb46b514].
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_Z33SdVenderAudio_SetHDMI_AC3_Supporti' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] _Z31VenderAudio_SetHDMI_AC3_Supporti [0x430aae38].
[HDMIpassthru] _ZN9TCChannelC2Ev [0x163765c].
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN8TCWindow12GetTVChannelEP9TCChanneli' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN8TCWindow10SetChannelEPK9TCChannelii' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN9TCSpeaker18SetExternalOutModeEii' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] _ZN13TCWindowProxy12GetTVChannelEP9TCChanneli [0x16de76c].
[HDMIpassthru] _ZN13TCWindowProxy10SetChannelEPK9TCChannelii [0x16de230].
[HDMIpassthru] _ZN14TCSpeakerProxy18SetExternalOutModeEii [0x1719474].
[HDMIpassthru] *Patched HDMI passthrough support
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN8TCWindow9SetSourceEii' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] _ZN13TCWindowProxy9SetSourceEii [0x16dee50].
[HDMIpassthru] dlsym '_ZN9TCSpeaker20CheckExternalOutModeEi' failed.
[HDMIpassthru] _ZN14TCSpeakerProxy20CheckExternalOutModeEi [0x1719620].
[HDMIpassthru] init done...
I have exactly the same problem after years without any problem on my H6470 with a Q800a Soundbar. No Sound via ARC, but adjusting volume via CEC works. It seems like the output format cannot be played. Any solution for this? I have already resetted TV via settings menu and tried my soundbar on different TV without any problems. Disabling the lib did not help either.
setti
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by setti »

Solved it somehow. Dont know how. I updated my firmware to latest rootable. Factory reset via service menu. And did some edid writing via service menu. Afterwards it worked. 🤷

Post by 8051 »

thefinestmalt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:24 pm Wow thankyou so so much for this patch!! :-) I've been tearing my hair out trying out different solutions to try and get my PS4 and Firestick to passthrough Dolby to my soundbar. Then I came across this site now all is good and I can sleep at night again. As stated previously the patch also fixes ARC passthrough before I was just getting silence.
Hi,

(UPDATE POST)
after some troubles related to FakeEDID (libFakeEDID hdmi numbering sheme does not match the printed numbering sheme of my F6470) I can confirm this library also allows HDMI to HDMI ARC DD 5.1 passthrough for me.

I have connected FireTV Stick on HDMI1 and HDMI2 (ARC) goes to my Denon AVR. For FireTV you don´t even need fakeEdid since it allows to force Dolby Digital in Sound Setup options. (Dolby Digital plus can´t work, tried anyways and it doesn´t ofc, so use regular DD 5.1).

Here is my Setup (TV= UE55F6740, FW T-MST12DEUC-2127.0)
HDMI1 (no fake EDID) <-> FireTV (forced dolby digital 5.1)
HDMI2 (ARC, no fake EDID) <-> Denon AVR
HDMI3 (fake EDID) <-> reserverd, testet with Laptop (VLC playback of DD5.1 content)

libpassthrough is autostarted with OPTION=AUTO

Thank you!!!

(ORIGINAL Post)
SpoilerShow
I have connected my FireTv to my old Samsung UE55F6740 and the TV is connected to Denon 7.1 AVR via HDMI ARC. I installed libFakeEdid (and fake Edid all 4 HDMI ports) and 5.1 passthrough lib.

When setting fireTv to forced dolby digital, within the samsung sound setup I can select Dolby Digital instead of PCM. However the audio does not get routed to the Denon AVR. Also the Amazon stick says in the audio video analysis Dolby is not supported by TV, which shouldn´t be the case after FakeEdid?! Thats the reason I use forced Dolby output in the fireTv and I gues it actually sends Dolby, as the TV lets me select it in sound setup.

I saw two people mentioning ARC passthrough also works while the OP claims passthrough does not work for HDMI ARC. Maybe some more people using a similar setup and can share their experience with ARC passthrough, maybe I did something wrong. If there is no solution I will likely fall back to using optical cable again...

(BTW: My Denon AVR Hdmi video output broke after years of flawless opertion but ARC is still working, which is the reason my FireTV is now connected to the TV and I wish to forward 5.1 via HDMI ARC to the Denon AVR)

Return to “[F] Software”