[App] libFakeEDID E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

alex1897
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libFakeEDID E/F/H

Post by alex1897 »

Thank you for this. I can now see Dolby Digital to select.

Modelcode: UEH50H6470
Softwareversion: T-MST14DEUC-2130.0

What I find strange is that I need to force my Apple TV using "Dolby Digital 5.1" otherwise it becomes stereo.

Shouldn't exactly this the EDID fake do?
dullton

Post by dullton »

My F6500 behaves very weird. If I plug into HDMI port 2, the TV thinks it's port 4 and thus I get no signal. Port 3 becomes 2 and port 4 becomes 3. The only port that behaves is HDMI 1. Do you think I can use libFakeEDID to correct this?

I'm not sure what caused this. I have been in the service menu and chosen write EDID and got a 'success'. But I think I did this AFTER the TV started acting up. It can also have been the latest firmware. I have firmware 2127.
Last edited by dullton on Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

You still can try, with a bit of luck it could fix sth corrupted, but EDID does not own HDMI number anyway.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
dullton

Post by dullton »

Other ideas to fix it? Downgrade firmware? My current workaround is keeping an RPI connected to HDMI 2 (TV says HDMI4) and drawing power from TV's USB port. In that way HDMI 1 and 3 is working (where I connect the two devices I need).

EDIT: I fixed it! After much reading I found the Config_AV_PATH in the service menu. There I changed V_HDMI IDENT TYPE from 2134 to 2341. Now all the ports work as they should again. :D I think the issue started because I tried enabling BT support to connect my BT headphones. The reason I think that was the culprit is that I read of another guy who had the same issue after doing that.

OR: The other guy suddenly wanted to try enabling BT support on his old TV (like me) and coincidentally also upgraded to newest firmware like I did. And then Samsung is to blame. :evil:
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

Hi all, on my ES8000 (E-non MST) I have an issue with Sharp SoundBar:
When I inject Samygoso lib, for all HD channels the Soud Bar is blinking and the audio is not availble nor by the TV nor by the Sound Bar.

Is there any way that this lib together with the HDMI 5.1 can help me ?
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

When you inject "Samygoso lib"? Which lib? (samyGOso is not a lib)
Is soundbar plugged to spdif/optical? ARC?
Is audio available with soundbar unplugged? What are "all HD channels"?

Worst case WITHOUT these libs you should be able to output PCM that any soundbar should be able to support (hopefully).
Also IIRC this lib wasn't necessarily useful on non-MST E (already passthrough compliant EDID) and HDMI 5.1 is MST only so... I'm not sure they would help at all :)
Sounds more like unsupported (by soundbar) audio format. EAC3? AAC? (for example, just guessing...)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[F] Software”