[App] libFakeEDID E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] libFakeEDID E/F/H

Post by zoelechat »

DD+ is already supported (nothing specific to it, TV assumes DD for DD+ and AAC), if you get no sound problem is elsewhere :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Rednox
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Rednox »

yes
visiondiez
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by visiondiez »

Hi

First of all I'd like to thank you for your efforts. I have the HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch working correctly for all my sources and that has been a life saver for me since I have an old Sony receiver without HDMI inputs.

I would like to ask what is the latest firmware for the F series where FakeEDID is confirmed to work. I have a Samsung UE46F6470 with firmware T-MST12DEUC-2111.1 and unfortunately FakeEDID seems not to be working for me after a successful patch according to the logs.

I can easily check using a Nvidia Shield TV as a source. I have a very cheap HDMI switch and simply inserting it between the Shield and the TV allows me to have DD and DTS from the Shield without any problems (with the HDMI audio passthrough patch of course). Without the switch there is no chance.

I am thinking about downgrading the firmware to try again the patch and if I have a target firmware where Fake EDID is confirmed as working would make life easier for me.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Actually (and unfortunately) I've no more feedback than current thread, I've just read it again entirely and I notice nobody *reliably* confirmed it worked at all on F or H, so if you get success (in practice, not only in log) on any lower fw, please report :)
visiondiez
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by visiondiez »

Downgraded to 1112.2, got a bootloop that I recovered with a factory reset. Unfortunately it's still not working.

Luckily enough the Shield is the only device where I needed to fake the EDID.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

"Big" downgrade (even through fw 0000 when available) often needs factory reset, likely due to unexpected offsets in NVram...
Too bad EDID trick still doesn't work though. Thanks for report, I wonder if I shouldn't rename thread to E-MST only :roll:
Modul8
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Modul8 »

Hi guys
Big thanks to all but I have a small issue that may be easily resolved.
After changing HDMI2 to dts mode my hdmi-cec is on HDMI2 is not behaving correctly. If I select anynet+ it goes to HDMI1 input not HDMI 2. I only have an input on HDMI2 so its not getting confused by another source. I have an es6500 that was on firmware 2007. I reapplied the dump to HDMI2 and still the same. I downgraded to 1042 and factory reset from the service menu and still the same.
It works as expected if I use HDMI3.
Any ideas?
Cheers
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well, if you reapplied original dump I see no reason for CEC to be broken, and even patched no crucial info could have been lost since EDID doesn't contain any. Maybe try to re-(hot)-plug all your devices to renew "acknowledgment"...
However it has been reported (and I noticed myself) that each HDMI (1,2,3) could behave differently, so possibly try to find "the right setup" :)
WulkanOS
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by WulkanOS »

Hi
I used to watch mkv my sat receiver, VU+Solo who is connect my tv Samsung 40F6320 hdmi cablet to HDMI1. TV connect to 5.1 amp coaxial cable.
AC3 work, but DTS no; on TV Menu>Sound>Additional Settings>Digital Audio Out DTS is not active; only PCM and DTS Neo.
Why ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Because DTS passthrough is not meant to be supported at all. You still can try DTS (experimental) feature from libHDMIpassthru. No promise :)

Return to “[F] Software”