Firmware dump question PN60F5300

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

JLCurve

Firmware dump question PN60F5300

Post by JLCurve »

Hi everyone, I am new here so excuse me for my ignorance. I went thru posts and searches but could anyone clarify if the files in the donation section could help me :

I just finished repairs on a Samsung PN60F5300 (AFXZA) but I have a 4-blink sequence on the main board LED. This seems to point to a SW/Logic issue. All boards seem OK but the main board shuts down de high voltages sections. I would like to re-flash the firmware on the two serial EEPROM chips (I have a programmer) but need binary dumps.

...unless there is another way to have the board eat a USB firmware on boot?

Thank you for your input!

JLCurve
JLCurve

Re: Firmware dump question PN60F5300

Post by JLCurve »

Ok, sorry for this.. I posted the earlier message without full understanding of the SamyGo project (cool reverse eng!). Life with google, I guess...

Anyways, if any of you still use these old Samsung plasmas, replace (or have replace) the bad 106 (10uf) ceramic capacitors before they grow out of tolerance (funny as ceramic capacitors are normally _never_ a problem). Aside from AC spikes and screen damage, this is about the main reason for these TV dying.

-> If you do it, DON'T connect/disconnect flex cables until ALL voltages are zero!

Cheers!

JLCurve

Return to “[F] Firmware”