Region Change

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

LousS

Region Change

Post by LousS »

Hello everyone,
I bought the chinese version of the UA60F6400, UA60F6400AJXXZ, which seams to be the same as the UA60F6400ARXZN or the UA60F6400AKXXA.
However for some reason I just can't activate nvidia 3dplay on it. I tried almost everything.
The thing is that in china the firmware is 1102 while it's 1109 in some arabic country and 1207 in africa.
I have been able to get the arabic firmware recognized by my TV by renaming the install folder on the USB key.
IS their anything such as an international firmware?
Do you think it will work? is there a risk? will I be able to go backward if there is a problem or will it be considered as a downgrade which is impossible from my understanding?
LousS

Re: Region Change

Post by LousS »

Ok on the samsung US site I found the UN60F6400AFXZA, it seams to be the same TV and here the firmware is 1110.1
It seams to be compatible with my TV.
So if I install it and then I do the manipulation to change region back to china, is everything will be ok?
LousS

Post by LousS »

No one who knows if I can without risk install the US firmware?
ALso I checked my TV edid an it seams it's recognized as 18.5 inches instead of 60.
This could be the reason Nvidia 3dtv play is not working, is anyone knows a way to force it to 60 inches?
Also is there anyone who knows if a firmware update could fix this? I mean is it the kind of thing a firmware can change?
Thanks in advance for anyone helping I search to fix this since one week without any success.
mick61

Post by mick61 »

New Member here and would I would just like to say a big thank you to all board members, I purchased a Samsung Smart TV46 F6510 from pixmania when I looked through the menu all I had showing for region was Sweeden, Germany, and Italy No UK, after reading through some of the pages and learning a little bit about the Samsung Smart I found my answer here viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6463&start=10 I was able to go into the service menu and change the region to the uk the wife even phoned Samsung and asked them if this could be changed and they told her No "send the TV back" and get a different model it was only thanks to klarya that I was able to change region by just going into the menu settings. THANK YOU and Happy Christmas.

Return to “[F] Firmware”